T.Wild Hammer Gun

suth82

I have a T.Wild (Birmingham)12g hammer gun in my cabinet which was passed down to me from my grandfather, unfortunately the stock is cracked, the firing mechanism is faulty, the foreend is missing and the barrels have seen better days. I am looking to move this gun on as its just taking up space in my cabinet and i guess i have only kept hold of it for this long due to sentimental value, my question - is it worth any money in this condition or would i be just as well to hand it into the police station for disposal?

If it's sentimental and in such poor condition why not have it deactivated as a wall hanger? I would think that the stock could be filled and stained and a fore end bought & bodged to fit or a new (dummy) one made. I have just been quoted £95 to deactivate an old side by side, this includes all reproofing, etc.

Yes it still has value. I don't know where you live but the only way to sell it through Holts. Take it to a gunshop and they will offer you nothing, then they will sell it throuh Holts.

Never hand it in to the police, even as a wall piece it has value, some la-de-da owner of a country house will have it for hanging above the fireplace and at least that way it will survive.