need advice on crow decoying

add holmes

firstly are the crows feeding where you intend shooting them or are you just hopeing to pull them in from a flight line .i use a dog leg shape on my patten and it pulls them in but watch them if the kink off reset the patten till you get it right .remember a crow has fantastic eye sight he will spot any movement even in the hide use any dead birds to add to patten slowly removeing the plastic ones :good:

have a look on the crowbusters website, you'll find theres really two types of decoying, and at the moment sounds like your mixing the two together, which wont work,

basically decoy for feeding or fighting,

feeding,

crow decoys on the ground, as many as possible, adding shot ones to the field, along with the plastic

fighting,

owl decoy up a tree, along with crow deeks, set higher in the tree, pointless putting wood pigeon decoys down in this situation, as you'll see live birds flare away from the owl, apart from the corvids that "gang up" and want a fight

I use a random pattern, with the decoys facing the wind, and not facing the hide. I put about 18 decoys out, which makes it look that better for crows flying overhead, although you don't need that many. I stake out the dead birds into the decoy pattern as well, and build it up as I go along.

I also use a Primos Power Crow call, which,in my opinion, is brilliant.

Another bit of my kit is a flapper with intermittent timer.

Not had much luck using an Eagle owl or small owl decoy though.

Steve.

been to the gun shop to pick my owl decoy up today for the week end and wen i got there they ad orded the wrong one this one was £43 but it ad flapping wing ad to take it up the field i ad 37 they was going mad wen i was setting it up if u like crow shooting this is the toy for u atb add

been to the gun shop to pick my owl decoy up today for the week end and wen i got there they ad orded the wrong one this one was £43 but it ad flapping wing ad to take it up the field i ad 37 they was going mad wen i was setting it up if u like crow shooting this is the toy for u atb add

hi mate its a flight line but they are feeding on there to do u recomend putting the owl decoy out and wot about putting any pigeon decoys out to mate

if they are feeding on the feild then decoys and a flapper. you could use a magnet as i do with great success i have tried a owl or two and they didnt pay much attention to them. to be honest i wouldnt bother with the pigeons decoys as you dont realy see them mixing when feeding .set your patten out after your hide is up and ready and watch there movements coming in if they kink away ajust it but be sure to be hidden well face mask on for sure :good: