Dubai..........?

MM

It depends on what you want for a family holiday but in general I would say yes. Obviously a lot revolves around the pool or waterparks. I don't find the sea that great. There are a number of smaller attractions for the kids and lots of shopping malls but no large theme parks as in Florida.

Things to consider.

Weather - In the summer it is very hot. Too hot.

Ramadan - Does make it difficult getting food and drink during the day. This year it is for nearly the whole of August.

Cost - Not cheap. Flights are probably the cheapest part. Hotels are middle to very expensive and food drink very expensive.

Building - It is one big building site (although in some places no building is actualy taking place due to the recession).

I'm going there again in early April. I've stayed at or visited a number of hotels there now so have a view on the popular ones. Do you have a particular hotel in mind?

Martin, if you have kids that are old enough to withstand 8 hours on a plane then Florida or Miami is going to be a better bet.

As a rule, I would stay away from anywhere where you would be looking at 30 years hard labour or the death penalty for having an accident with your jetski

It depends on what you want for a family holiday but in general I would say yes. Obviously a lot revolves around the pool or waterparks. I don't find the sea that great. There are a number of smaller attractions for the kids and lots of shopping malls but no large theme parks as in Florida.

Things to consider.

Ramadan - Does make it difficult getting food and drink during the day. This year it is for nearly the whole of August.

Cost - Not cheap. Flights are probably the cheapest part. Hotels are middle to very expensive and food drink very expensive.

Building - It is one big building site (although in some places no building is actualy taking place due to the recession).

I'm going there again in early April. I've stayed at or visited a number of hotels there now so have a view on the popular ones. Do you have a particular hotel in mind?

Was looking at the 15th for 2 weeks :lol: Thats out then.

Martin, if you have kids that are old enough to withstand 8 hours on a plane then Florida or Miami is going to be a better bet.

As a rule, I would stay away from anywhere where you would be looking at 30 years hard labour or the death penalty for having an accident with your jetski

I am prone to getting ****** and streaking down the street. Best not go then. Ive always wanted to go to Greece (bit of a history geek) so im going to push for that one. :good:

Edited by MM

........for a family holiday? Yes or No? :hmm:

Depends if you can stand 40+ degrees at almost 100% humidity - I spent a few hours over there last August on the way to Singapore, it was the worst heat I've experienced, instant film of sweat, baking hot, which you can't get away from, not pleasant.

Things to consider.

That's no for me then!! :lol: :lol:

I picked the short straw going to work there for my last company, my contract stated every 2 years i have to serve 2 months in another country, i hated every moment of it, my company paid for everything in the hotel like food and drink but going outside the hotel was rediculous, everything is expensive and to be honest i wouldn`t subject my family to the very poor things to do, you seen one waterpark you have seen them all and skiing in dubai the novelty wears off fast and the basis for the country is towers, water and snow they are obsessed.