shorter barrel on cz 452 style

blindeye

getting fed up with beating the truck to bits when hanging out the window when rabbiting . i use a cz 452 style in 22rf with a 20 inch barrel . want to cut about 5 inch of it ( not doing it my self ). anyone had there barrel done and is there any real difference in accurancy .

Edited by blindeye

Hi Mate,

Woah - be careful! I think the minimum barrel length to avoid jail is 16" - I had my CZ 453 varmint shortened to 16 and a safe spare quarter inch to save length and weight. You gain a bit with a SAK modifier but could save some length with a reflex moderator if you win the lottery.

I'm sure our Jedi Masters will back me up on this - but hey - what the hell would i know!

JW

Hi Mate,

Woah - be careful! I think the minimum barrel length to avoid jail is 16" - I had my CZ 453 varmint shortened to 16 and a safe spare quarter inch to save length and weight. You gain a bit with a SAK modifier but could save some length with a reflex moderator if you win the lottery.

I'm sure our Jedi Masters will back me up on this - but hey - what the hell would i know!

JW

I believe Anschutz still sell them off the shelf with a 14" barrel.

My last .22WMR was 16", it worked well accuracy wise, but my latest .22WMR I had cut to 19", because that is what I wanted.

Never had a shorter barrel .22lr, but if it is cut/treaded/crowned well, I understand there should not be any issues with accuracy, even possibly down as low as 12".

My 16" felt OK as I had a Sako mod on it which was quite long, but be careful going any much less than 16", it could well feel a bit strange! :good: