not bad for a quick mooch about

andie

hi all not to much to show for my second post but hope you like got these two at the local permission

with the daystate air ranger

imageufj.jpg

on the draining board

imagezpc.jpg

and all ready for a quick 10 seconds on both sides in the frying pan

imageriy.jpg

Top Stuff, how do you get on with the shortened Barrel on the Ranger?

would you mind if i asked what sort of price it was to have the Barrel shortened?

I love my Air Ranger but its a bit long, and heavy!

not a problem at all mate my gunsmith did it for me and it was even on a sunday aswell and he charged me £30 in total but it was not the barrel he shortened it was only the shroud he lathed it 1" past the barrel the only thing that he did to the barrel was to put a 1/2 unf thread on it for me so it did away with the stupid daystate adapter so now my carbon silencer screws directly onto my barrel never take anything of a daystate barrel as the accuracey will be poo :angry: and your groupings will be shotgun style so leave the barrels alone

You're doing great Andie! It might only be your second post with only a couple of birds to show for your efforts but don't worry, I'm willing to bet that if some of us were totally honest (Me included) we got less than you when we first started! :blush:

Keep it up mate, and even though I'm not into air rifles that one of yours does look the bees knees mate! :good:

Thanks for the really nice replies and Duncan the original trigger block does not have enough adjustment as I'd like so I'm opting for a rowan engineering trigger block and I haft to admit I can not leave a rifle standard for long I always have to tweak it some way I'm at the moment polishing the internals for more smoothness and as long as it's still 11.6ftlb it's all good as I don't have FAC

Thanks for the really nice replies and Duncan the original trigger block does not have enough adjustment as I'd like so I'm opting for a rowan engineering trigger block and I haft to admit I can not leave a rifle standard for long I always have to tweak it some way I'm at the moment polishing the internals for more smoothness and as long as it's still 11.6ftlb it's all good as I don't have FAC

Aah you're a tinkerer! :P

I was curious because there isn't anything I'd want to change on my HW100S -trigger is perfect, balance spot on to my taste etc etc. But I know of guys who change the cylinder for a carbon fibre one, get the valve changed or tuned (again I can't help but wonder why - single figure consistency as standard and loads of shots per charge).

I bet your bike is modded too ;)

Again - I left my X11 standard, except for Scorpion silencers.

Enjoy your awesome looking combo though - I reckon you'll enjoy the changes as much as the rifle itself.

All the best

Duncan :D