What gun lamp?

adam f

I have a cluson shootalite which I use for foxing on my own.It last 2 hours constant use but turning on and off lasts 4to5 hours.The lamp is in a plastic case so not to heavy but it has a glass lens good to 200yards with a amber filter. £120 to buy but ive had mine 10years so got my moneys worth

Edited by guiltyyapper

I use a night searcher gunlight 400 with a red lens its aluminium body makes it robust and its small and light and served me well over the past 20+ years,my son has a clulite with a swivel red lens if im alone i prefer the 400 as its scope mounted but if we both go out we use the clulite as it has two settings low and high and if you do need to light up your quarry for positive ID the clulite is easier to go from red to white light whereas you have to remove the 400 lens rather than swivel to one side

I use this badboy for rabbits, clulite masterlite supreme. Goes around 200yds with the white light. Throw greatly reduced with their filter - so I made my own with some lighting gel and an aerosol lid. It goes a little further :)

http://www.cluson.co.uk/productsMain.aspx?CI_ID=347

It comes with a scope mount and additional 'trigger' push switch to mount on the fore when you're on your own. It's really well engineered. I use it more than my maglite now, much lighter and far superior in throw distance. Battery goes for a good few hours!

But - it is fairly pricey.

Edited by huffhuff

A lot of you guys will already know this, but for those who don't. If you cut a small circle out of the centre of the red filter on any lamp you gain at least a further 25% more range. Take my lightforce striker, I have an inch diameter hole in the centre, for some reason it sucks the red light from around the edges of the beam and magnifies it through the hole not allowing white light through like you would think. For my tracer I have a half inch hole. Not sure why manufacturers don't do it. A little tip 4u. Atb dave

A lot of you guys will already know this, but for those who don't. If you cut a small circle out of the centre of the red filter on any lamp you gain at least a further 25% more range. Take my lightforce striker, I have an inch diameter hole in the centre, for some reason it sucks the red light from around the edges of the beam and magnifies it through the hole not allowing white light through like you would think. For my tracer I have a half inch hole. Not sure why manufacturers don't do it. A little tip 4u. Atb dave

Clulite do with some of theirs :good: