MINK

was walking the dog too night when i spoted something in the river looked like an otter but never got a good look at it.then dad said he could hear some thing so looked over the wall and there it was an MINK it jumped back in the river. about 5 mints later we could hear the same call but could not see nothing so walked back down the other side and seen it agan.so tomora night we and dad are gona sey some traps baited with trout and sit out with the shotgun enny other ways we could sort them out. :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

Traps work well enough.

If you get a female, squeeze the bladder to a point beyond the trip plate and males in the area will be drawn in too.

Good luck,

Duncan

Incidentally, if you catch and release an otter - great news!

Mink can't handle Otter.

Edited by The Duncan

No no no no, sheet of 100mm celotex cut about 1200x600. Cage trap on the top coated in hessian and cammoed up, a real stinky roach, pigeon or tin of sardines in the back of the trap. Attach a piece of string or rope to the trap and tie to a tree or a stake, set the trap out onto the river. I had some real good results a few years back, nerly one a day for a month, and you can check the trap whilst driving past everyday because you will see the door shut. Happy days. PM me if you want anymore info! Happy Trappin! :good:

No no no no, sheet of 100mm celotex cut about 1200x600. Cage trap on the top coated in hessian and cammoed up, a real stinky roach, pigeon or tin of sardines in the back of the trap. Attach a piece of string or rope to the trap and tie to a tree or a stake, set the trap out onto the river. I had some real good results a few years back, nerly one a day for a month, and you can check the trap whilst driving past everyday because you will see the door shut. Happy days. PM me if you want anymore info! Happy Trappin! :good:

no no no stinky or off bait is not good for mink.also am i thinking you set the trap in the river,so the mink drowns when trapped? you dont need to even bait your traps placeing them is the key. as to otters scareing mink off i can be shure this is not true i have trapped mink for years on rivers ponds and streems that hold otters