Fox and Vermin conditions

FOTH

Does anyone have the following conditions as this on their FAC

.223 to be used for vermin whilst foxing.

Can anybody explain this condition to me because i haven't a clue.

How do i prove that i have been out foxing.

Foth

The condition only relates to my .223 i asked for vermin to be added as its a pain to drive home to change rifle or to leave it in the car.

Licence comes back with .223 to be used for vermin whilst foxing.

I've had the rifle for over nearly 5 years and have had a open ticket since I've had it.

it's a very grey area because how do i prove that i was out shooting foxes when i take out a rabbit or crow with it.

Just seeing if anyone has seen this condition before and how they get on with it

Foth

Does anyone have the following conditions as this on their FAC

.223 to be used for vermin whilst foxing.

Can anybody explain this condition to me because i haven't a clue.

How do i prove that i have been out foxing.

Foth

Mine states Fox/vermin...............Probably the ladies getting a bit mixed up when typing the conditions of use out .

I would'nt worry to much :lol:

Ive ;)

You reason for having the rifle in the beginning was probably for fox control, therfore as they see it you will only be using it in the field when shooting foxes.

In reality as has been said, you can shoot any vermin with it as long as you have permission to shoot foxes on the land you are shooting on. No one will try and prove that you had no intention of shooting foxes that day!

Foxes are vermin. Look in your dictionary!

I agree with Fister. Never mind the dictionary, You'll not find charlie classed as vermin in any documentation that the police use. A fox is a predator. Vermin and fox is the usual condition unless your FLO puts pest control.

Not that rare in West Yorks Fister, I've got it on my .223. I've also got it on my rimmy which is becoming a lot rarer (must have been an admin error but don't let on to Debbie if you ring them) :lol:;)

dave

unfortunatly the firearms department have the final say in this, despite what you may interprit into your conditions, vermin does not generally include Fox (certainly the case in kent, surrey and sussex)

its stupid, and more often than not the people making these decisions have even less idea about shooting than the people applying (hense stupid mistakes)

but we have to put up with it.

the reason for your condition on your lisence probably stems from your wording on you variation/application "i need to be able to shoot a crow/rabbit if i see it"

ive not seen this condition put on vermin, however you do see this condition on foxing/stalking "take foxes whilst stalking" (means you cant lamp for foxes)

i dont see your condition being a problem, as you can shoot both foxes and vermin under a lamp legally, so it should make much difference.