remington 700 police

welsh warrior

The Remington 700 PSS is the same action and barrel as the REM 700 VLS and VS all have 26 inch heavy varmint barrels just different stocks,I have rem 700 VLS in .243

and changed the stock to a HS precision and they are very good stocks and have a bedding block in them they sell for around £150 second hand, you would be looking at

around £1000 for a new 700 PSS and they come in .223 and .308 they stopped doing them in .243 york guns had a few in 5/6 years ago in from the police going cheap.

It's HEAVY! :good:

x2 it is very heavy. I bought a new 22.250 SPS varmint last year and fitted a second hand but like new HS precision stock to it which had come from a PSS. It is effecively the same as a PSS now but for substantially less money. I like the rifle and it is very accurate, but for me it was a cheap option. I think for the money there are better rifles out there than a brand new PSS unless you go the second hand route.

I think they are roughly about £1000 new. I am not sure what the difference is between a standard 700 and the 700P other than the HS precision stock. When I looked into getting a 700P I was going to buy a standard 700 for £500 and buy the HS stock second hand for £150.

Remingtons don't seem to be that popular now for some reason,maybe a bit of bad press with the later heavy triggers that are a nightmare to adjust(sometimes impossible to adjust) Every one wants a Tika, I bought a 700sps, changed the stock for a hoque fully alley bedded stock for £150 secondhand, Timney for £90 and had the barrel shortened to 20inch's. I wouldnt part with it now,its very acccurate and robust, they are solid rifles.

Remingtons don't seem to be that popular now for some reason,maybe a bit of bad press with the later heavy triggers that are a nightmare to adjust(sometimes impossible to adjust) Every one wants a Tika, I bought a 700sps, changed the stock for a hoque fully alley bedded stock for £150 secondhand, Timney for £90 and had the barrel shortened to 20inch's. I wouldnt part with it now,its very acccurate and robust, they are solid rifles.

It's a funny thing, I run Tikkas and a 700SPS on the centrefires, the Remington is the latest, and already having 2 x Tikkas I was a little suspect, as so many people suggested the Tikkas were in an other league.

Bottom line is I have been pleasantly surprised by my Remington .308, mine is standard other than taking 3-4" off the flagpole of a barrel, it has the X-Mark Pro trigger and gets on just fine with PRVI 150g SP.

Remington has a history and I am happy, I do not suggest for one minute they are the best rifle out there but they work and I don't have any complaints...... except I hate the Floorplate, why don't they offer more with magazines!? :hmm:

ATB!

I bought mine done so can't comment on what it was like before but they are definitely guns that just work. My sps is the standard barrel and having carried it foxing and stalking it is a definite plus point. Shoots tiny groups and hasn't seemed fussy ammo wise never had an issue with it. Just a shame I got it in .223 not .243, though its replacement is rather nice