first time ferreter

darren m

to day a land owner suggested i ferret his piecec of land :lol: , trouble is dont have a ferret .

SO how do i start , is it too late in the season to take up this sport or not , the rabbits around me are in kitten nearly year round .

Also hob or jill , which is best , should i have a pair .

and what other equipment would i need.

thanks

Its a bit late to take ferreting up for this season if you are serious about it you would be better to get yourself set up for next year. their will be no shortage of kits available in the summer months and you will have plenty of time to get the ferrets used to you and being handled and get some kit together.

Its a bit late to take ferreting up for this season if you are serious about it you would be better to get yourself set up for next year. their will be no shortage of kits available in the summer months and you will have plenty of time to get the ferrets used to you and being handled and get some kit together.

as jeff said.

go for it its great sport, thinking about getting back into it myself, one thing i will say is give your ferrets plenty of your time.

you don't want to stick your hand in a warren with an untrusted ferret.

darren, iv got 3 ferrets and ferret a bit, would ferret more but its finding land and rabbits.i live on gamston.dont know where abouts you are.theres a ferret rescue in radcliffe which i have a num for if you want?ferrets are free unless theyv been spayed/castrated.if i can help you out with any info etc jus let me know, feel free to pm me.i also shoot, shooting rabbits whilst ferreting is fun.

regards

ferret boy i got my jill from there its a man and wife and there in sheds in the back garden if the same one its good to see all these people from notts on here i am from stapleford but shoot over in kegworth/ kingston near the power station

Edited by berthaboo