got urges to try pcp.........

slugger

i have a walnut prosport in 177, love it to bits, but am now having strong urges to get a pcp :rolleyes:

i really fancy a hw100 but i fear my budget wont stretch [budget is what ever i get for my prosport] :blush: so im thinking you lot seem to rate the s410........ so i had a quick look on gunstar, and theres loads of variations :yes: so what model do i want for long-range target shooting, goes without saying it must be 177 [im a convert since getting my prosport] :good: so, lets have te basics peeps, like presumably the "10" in s410 is 10-shot? and presumably i dont want a carbine ?

come to think of it, if you guys recomend a different rifle , im all ears [want multi shot tho] :good: any info peeps, ta , slug

Get the AA S410 CLASSIC .177,you get more shots as its longer tank/barrell,have had two of these and they are brilliant :good: they have a guage of rifle and mine were sweet between 100-180 bar.

+1

I like my AA S400 Classic. If budget is an issue and you are mainly target shooting, don't bother with the 10 shot. :good:

As someone else said, once you try a PCP you`ll never go back to a springer. I wish id bought my s410 much sooner. Like you summised, the 10 in 410 is the 10 shot version. The s400 is also very good and popular with target shooters. You`ll find the .177 is very often more expensive 2nd hand than the .22 as thats the one the target shooters want. Both the .177 and .22 are very very accurate. Certainly more accurate than most shooters. Very reliable, totally quiet and great guns. Most people go for the carbine for field shooting and classic for target. Doesnt make much difference to me, both are as accurate as each other, but you get more shots from the classic. Since the carbine still gives you 70 or more shots, I opted for the carbine myself, but then I shoot in the field.

they always seems to be hw100s for sale why ?

HW100s are great, but ultimately a S410 can do the same thing for a fraction of the price. A bit like the way a Peugot can drive you to work the same as a VW can. I reckon a few people have realised this when their wallet starts to hurt. That or their Mrs finds the receipt... :unsure:

Well not that I know a thing as a total newbie :). I bought a new nitro ram and loved it but a nice BSA ultra came up for sale on here from a blooming nice chap so I had to have it. And good heavens what a superb bit of kit. I'm gonna either keep ultra and trade in Nitro in for a r10 or both depending on cost. I love the PCP it's a wonderful piece of kit. And as said will NEVER go back. :) :)

ive now got the "i-wants" for an s510........ cant see past it, want one :lol:

Shrouded barrel looks sexier as does the side lever, but it is way more noisy and by the time you have fitted another moderator to it it looks clumsy and too long IMHO. Good advice from Vampire and others. The Air Arms s410's are superb and absurdly accurate. Had both the carbine and classic and to be honest there is nothing between them exept slightly more weight in the classic and more shots per fill. However, I have never needed to refill on a hunting trip, and 70 odd shots in the carbine is quite a lot until a refill which takes less than a minute from a bottle anyway, so its not an issue. Good luck. :good: