Lamping tonight Cod fishing tomorow

pavman

Lamping with my old Mentor tonight, I say old as he is in fact 104 be his first time out with me in about a year. I look forward to him telling me what I have been doing wrong :rolleyes:

Weather and tide look good for sat and a few reports of Codling with the odd nice fish 2 to 3lb if you can get through the small stuff, going to slip at Bacton in my friends 14ft boat 2 rods each with Squid for bait and Mrs P will sky plus the Rugby and will have a steak and beer supper ready for my return :good:

I have the Humber Cod Open boat match on sunday...£1000 for single heaviest fish.

Cant wait for my day out.

Fished last year and fishing was very hard with many not catching anything and others 1 fish only.

I got 3 and missed out on the prizes by a few grammes.

Was well gutted, if it had been aggregate, would have been well in there.

Lamping with my old Mentor tonight, I say old as he is in fact 104 be his first time out with me in about a year. I look forward to him telling me what I have been doing wrong :rolleyes:

Weather and tide look good for sat and a few reports of Codling with the odd nice fish 2 to 3lb if you can get through the small stuff, going to slip at Bacton in my friends 14ft boat 2 rods each with Squid for bait and Mrs P will sky plus the Rugby and will have a steak and beer supper ready for my return :good:

Tight lines chap, our local man Alan Yates travelled up your way last week for a beach session and had a 4 pounder from the beach which he was proudly showing off in the paper. Theres Zip off the Kent beaches.

sounds like a good weekend

good luck :good:

After one of the shortest lamping trips I have ever been on - it is now 10.30pm and I am back home for an early night.

Pavman decided to pull stumps at 9.15pm (Yes 9.15pm) due to the fact that he was tired and had to get up early for the fishing trip tomorrow!

He needs that caravan - it has got nothing to do with holidays - it is just to get him through the working day. (Siestas etc). Age is taking its toll...

Co-Coa and slippers by 9...

Cat out 9.30...

Bed by 10...

Asleep at 10.05...

Bless him...

Edited by Grandalf

and the 4:30am start sat was all in vain one scabby whiting and a very large pout (which is tonights curry)tried 6 spots and not a codling in sight between our 4 rods :rolleyes:

I couldnt leave those nice tides to pass without wetting a line in the end. Dug some ace bait and did night high water up at Dungie. Full moon, Easterly wind, it had blank written all over it. between six rods we had about a dozen whiting the size of a mars bar (regular size at that). Good laugh with a few mates though so I reckon it was worth it.

The moon and tides were ideal, but that east wind was the killer.

Two friends of mine were on Sandgate beach and they did no better, just one very small dogfish between four rods. :no:

Blimey we had cracking weather little or no wind, but the tide time listed by BBC was about 2 hrs wrong!

I fished the humber cod open.

Sailed along with approx 100 other boats in total for a chance of £1000 + pools for single biggest fish.

To say fishing was hard was an understatement. Tides in the Humber are bad enough but with a 7.7, it was screaming through.

At the end of the match, only 33 weighed in.

I was one of them with 2 fish, the only person on my boat to catch and many other boats not having a bite.

Cod of 7lb 5oz and 3lb 10oz.

Won a nice Fladen baitcaster reel and an uptide rod.

heaviest fish was 10lb 5oz and took away nearly £1500 in total plus other prizes.

I fished the humber cod open.

Sailed along with approx 100 other boats in total for a chance of £1000 + pools for single biggest fish.

To say fishing was hard was an understatement. Tides in the Humber are bad enough but with a 7.7, it was screaming through.

At the end of the match, only 33 weighed in.

I was one of them with 2 fish, the only person on my boat to catch and many other boats not having a bite.

Cod of 7lb 5oz and 3lb 10oz.

Won a nice Fladen baitcaster reel and an uptide rod.

heaviest fish was 10lb 5oz and took away nearly £1500 in total plus other prizes.

well done that man :good: