Indoor Airgunning

6.5shooter

Hi guys,

I have a 40 ftlb airwolf for general crow/ rabbit shooting.

I am having alot of problems with crows on my farm inside my calf shed. I mean maybe 30-40 crows in it at one time eating the calves meal. Being nearly £300 a tonne its quite expensive crow food and its surprising how much they can eat and only eat the flaked maize out of it.

I need advice on an airrifle setup, power rating, pellet choice etc for this indoor task.

My shed is quite large, most shots being 20-35 yards.

I want a setup that wont damage the tin on the roof due to over penetration.

I live in Northern Ireland so we need an FAC to hold any power rating of airrifle so applying for it on my FAC is compulsary anyway.

I want To use the maximum power without over penetrating so any suggestions lads?

Garry

Edited by 6.5shooter

Used to shoot around a Cattle Farm

Banned Shooting in Sheds due to Holes punched through roof with Sub 12FP pellets let alone higher powered ones

Used to lay some old seed around back away from Expensive roofing

And removed them - or they soon worked out they only visited area Once ;)

BOB/R

Mate most dealers over here wouldn't sell 12 ft/lbs rifles as you may as well get something a bit more powerful if you need an FAC. I've an 18 ft/lbs HW97KT and I reckon it would put a hole in a tin roof. If you hit your intended target there should be no issues though. Crows are very tough so a good strike would decelerate the pellet adequately to prevent over penetration. Where bouts in Northern Ireland are you?

saw a guy who had a PCP that he could change the power level on so used about 6ft/lbs in sheds and 12ft/lbs outdoors.

http://www.youtube.com/user/fieldsportschannel#p/c/E7D57A34561E230B/24/z48DYDvwA2w about 4 min in and watch for 3 min

FX cyclone, seems a few in the range have this feature not sure if you can have them in FAC ranges, or if any one else offers this feature suppose other option would be a cheap CO2 chrono'd down to 6-8 ft/lbs

Edited by HDAV

Air arms s410 pre anti tamper,you can adjustvtr power of these but uv been told they are sensitive and only need the slightest tween to affect the ft lb.

Also probably a long shot but keep a eye out for a skan rifle.these are hand made to order and on some have a power adjuster type **** thing on the underneath.

A pest controller friend of mine uses one and they are the dogs ballbags mate,Bearing in mind he takes it down to around 8-9 ftlb and still penetrates the roof if he misses the power adjuster helps with the pellet goin in the bird and straight out again.

Edited by jmilam

Hi lads,

Dancake, I live in Armagh in Northern Ireland.

I have been doing a bit of internet research and I have found what I think might be the ticket for my job.

A daystate MK4 I think it is. You can get an FAC version with two power settings, eg: one at say 30ftlb and the other at 15 ftlb,s.

This would be ideal as I could quickly turn the power up aslong as I know both zero,s for both power levels but I wonder If the same pellet would do both.

Garry

Hi lads,

Dancake, I live in Armagh in Northern Ireland.

I have been doing a bit of internet research and I have found what I think might be the ticket for my job.

A daystate MK4 I think it is. You can get an FAC version with two power settings, eg: one at say 30ftlb and the other at 15 ftlb,s.

This would be ideal as I could quickly turn the power up aslong as I know both zero,s for both power levels but I wonder If the same pellet would do both.

Garry

Garry check out Tannyoky guns in Poyntzpass. They have a good range of air rifles in at the minute including Daystate. Well worth a look mate :good:

Thanks Dancake,

Thats where I would normally go to buy my rifles. Usually get all my powder for reloading from field and stream cus they have vihtavuori.

Whaere u from?

Garry

Up in Belfast so wouldn't get down that direction often, unless you needed a hand with the crows :good: lol. You couldn't go wrong with a Daystate, but the initial outlay can be expensive :/ Pump or divers bottle etc.

Doesnt the s410 xtra have a power adjustment on the side. Not sure what power range this actually adjusts over if its just 12lb upto the max, or if you can drop it below the 12lb.

Either way, that could be a good option - you`d just have to remember what the zero is on the scope for each power setting i guess.