Is everybody still feeding?

Noticed there were a lot of insects about today,and we were debating whether to bring in the feeders.What do you reckon....carry on another month?the feed is still being used ,but quantities are slowing down;not sure if this is due to birds finding alternative feed or wandering off elsewhere.

If you have got the wheat then keep feeding, the better condition the hen is in the more likely she is to successfully rear a brood (even released pheasants can breed well in the 'wild', much better than released partridge for some reason).

Due to the crazy price of wheat I only have half the feeders full that I normally do during the spring but at least there is still some food available.

the birds have stopped takeing corn from the feeders at the moment but we don't bring them in untill the sart of april because we can still be hit with a spell of hard weather we jusr make sure none of the feeders have been knocked over because the rats do a lot of damage to them when they are on the ground.

Noticed there were a lot of insects about today,and we were debating whether to bring in the feeders.What do you reckon....carry on another month?the feed is still being used ,but quantities are slowing down;not sure if this is due to birds finding alternative feed or wandering off elsewhere.

i will be feeding till back end of April into may.

Pulled some my feeders out where better nesting ground and as others have said, selected areas, and just keep those with feed in. Usually stop feeding when plenty of wild seed about.

Got to remember, a cock pheasant during breeding, will "adopt" a feeder and defend it, so more the better, if possible. It will only visit an empy feeder a few times, then pee off somewhere else, taking it's harem with it and maybe not on your land :yp:

Unfortunately, with the price of corn now, I can't keep those feeders full at the moment, just ticking over with wheat, so, catch 22, less kept in feeders, more fuel spent checking. A no win situation :oops: . Not so bad tho in a few weeks, when fulltime trapping starts, especially when corvids are now getting territorial and can check at the same time.

One thing..........ALWAYS, keep water available somewhere, a couple of dry weeks and...............ooooh where they all gone? :yes:

Our keeper is still topping up selected feeders, but the grain won't last much longer.

However, the trapping is now underway, and so the dead bins come into play.

Free magotts = free protein = free food, and healthier stock.

Pheasants will and do walk miles for magotts.

Don't waste your trapping victims, shot foxes etc.

Just remember to bury the bones and fur when the bin is full and stops producing.

webber