Vile training tool

J@mes

Can anyone tell me what the hell is the point of this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110637986839

<_<

Pinch collar, never used one but not that uncommon. Emotive possibly, bit like the ecollar, just another tool in the box used correctly.

Dog is pinched and made uncomfortable if pulling on lead, correct behaviour = no correction. Arguably better than a half strangled dog swinging about on the end of a slip lead?

The slip lead ( I use one) exerts equal force around half of the neck when pulled though. Surely if this thing is sat incorrectly it could make a hell of a mess? I know it is down to correct use, but surely the risk of incorrect use is massive with this? I'm not specifically against training collards/ tools, just don't understand this one.

Not arguing, just never seen one before :yes:

All is revealed in the listing James.

I've had one of these for about 20yrs now, bought it in Germany on holiday.

WGD sums it up about right :yes:

Yeh I did have a read, but wanted some non-biased opinions from the knowledge on here! :good:

I think you would need to see it James to understand it, it works by pinching not digging in. Looks horrendous but is quite cleverly designed.

Correct, they are not nearly as bad as they look J@mes; they are about making the dog uncomfortable, not inflicting pain and there is very little possibility of making a mess of a dog with it.

So would a dray horse harness - but it's all down to how quickly a dog gets the picture (and the message) when outfitted with a pinch or prong collar. About 13 seconds later, voila, the pulling's gone away and the dog's had a wee pinch that's "told" it why no more pulling's permitted.

Using "vile" in the thread header, however, is a v. good way of pulling people into the conversation so they can get ahold of the prong collar's value for themselves.

MG