firearms cerificate were can i shoot

suluki

hi peeps, can any one explain where i can shoot,on my certifiacate it says the .22 hornet rifle and.22 sound moderator ammuntion shall be used for shooting virmin and for zeroing on rages, or land deemed suitable by the chief officer of police where the land is situated and over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot. now im in a syndicate and have land in a few diferent places so is this like an open ticket :hmm:

Edited by suluki

Ring Police firearms dept for that county .. and ask if "Smith Farm, in Freetown, xy19 iou" is cleared for your calibre (land/village/county of your choice)

Most farm land is OK for 22 rimfire - larger calibres depend on roads / footpaths / houses on the farm

If not already cleared, as stated above .. FLO call out job ..

It means in english. You can shoot on the land you put down in your application. But if you get another farm 10 miles up the road you have to ring the feo and as is (address of farm) cleared for your gun if it is you can shoot if not you have to wait for them to do a land check.

The condition on your license means you cannot shoot on any piece of ground even if you have permission from the land owner unless its been cleared by the chief of police or one of his servants. The ground must have been cleared for your calibre or higher, the landowner should know if the land has been previously cleared but sometimes things change and as its your license its always best to check with your firearms dept. If the ground has been cleared for .22 rimfire its not ok to use a .22 centrfire on this ground unless its been rechecked.

If it's syndicate land there's a good chance it will have been cleared but it pays to check. You can't just shoot anywhere until you lose the "deemed suitable" bit.

It could be a simple matter of asking one of the more experienced syndicate members if it's been cleared and to what calibre. I know about all of my ground.