Browning A-Bolt. What do you think of them?

njc110381

I had a great bit of luck today. Turned up for our monthly range session and another chap in the club had just bought the exact same rifle as I'm looking at. He let me put a couple of rounds down it and it was very nice. Crisp trigger, nice magazine set up and quite light with a nice feel to it. I was very impressed - they certainly seem like great value for money. :good:

• 3 years later...

I just bought an x bolt in .223 , synthetic stock , ase mod and red field 3-9x50 scope ,put 20 Winchester 55grn through it to zero inch high at 100yds .

Result 2 lamping trips , 2 shots, 2 foxes. 1st @ 180yds 2 nd @ 150yds so no complaints here.

Used to own a A bolt .223 .

Main foxing rifle and it was ok, I think Browning are better at building shotguns than rifles.

Mine was quiet old and bought second hand so cant really comment on a new one.

One point with mine and not sure if it is true for the new ones but the barrels seam on the light side fine of occasional shooting but you need to be carefull of reptative rounds as they get very hot!

Personally i would save my pennines a bit more and buy a different brand.

Used to own a A bolt .223 .

Main foxing rifle and it was ok, I think Browning are better at building shotguns than rifles.

Mine was quiet old and bought second hand so cant really comment on a new one.

One point with mine and not sure if it is true for the new ones but the barrels seam on the light side fine of occasional shooting but you need to be carefull of reptative rounds as they get very hot!

Personally i would save my pennines a bit more and buy a different brand.

I had a x bolt in 308 I would rather use it to bang it in posts