trigger problem on silver pigeon

pigeon-hunter

Wonder if any one can help?

I have a 686 silver pigeon 1, i bought it 3 weeks ago brand new, ive put about 500 rounds threw it.

When i was shooting on sunday i had a problem with it not fireing.

It done it 3 times on the last 50 clays, the selector was on the bottom barrel, and when i pulled the trigger nothing happened, so i broke the gun, shut the gun and it fired fine.

As i said it happened about 3 times.

I put the selector on top barrel first and it didnt seem to do it.

Is this a serious thing were i need to send the gun back or is it something that will sort itself out :/

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Hey, my dad bought one just before last season and he had a similar problem, but it was his fault! when he pushed the saftey fowards he pushed the selector across and it hoverred in the middle so it wasnt selected on either top or bottom. if this isnt your problem mabey just contact you gun dealer or wait for some more educated replies :lol:

Did it not fire on the second shot?

Andy

It did shoot on the second, i put the cartridges in shut the gun pulled the trigger was just lose, opened the gun shut it then it fired both barrels fine. Only did it on bottom barrel selected 1st didnt do it with top barrel selected 1st.

Was shooting bottom 1st until the problem then changed to top 1st after problem and shot 100 and didnt have problem so seems to do it only on when bottom is selected 1st.

Take it back to the shop, because it is still under guarantee.

The problem is the inertia system, possibly sticking due to hardened grease, bit of swarf from manufacture or in worst case a small spring has broken a leg off (highly unlikely due to its age. Easily fixed while you wait by appointment.

If you use low recoil cartridges it can happen as there is not enough recoil to reset the gun for the second barrel. The gun needs to be sent back and adjusted very slightly to use the low recoil cartridges. It also happens if you don`t release the trigger fully after firing the first shot, but thats not your problem.

Take it back to the shop, because it is still under guarantee.

The problem is the inertia system, possibly sticking due to hardened grease, bit of swarf from manufacture or in worst case a small spring has broken a leg off (highly unlikely due to its age. Easily fixed while you wait by appointment.

:good: