Insurance

ok rephrase it to when you've had more than a couple of dealings with firearms depts, they are better than most at loosing stuff so it does work both ways. If they haven't put a gun on your ticket they are less concerned on why as usually it is their fault so you don't get the blame immediately.

I've a relative informed them he had sold a gun and didn't renew his ticket. Two years later he re applied got the new ticket and it came back with his old gun on. The fact still remains in this case that the guns are written on his ticket and odds are the other party informed them. They won't come after him if they have received one set of notification and not his

OP,

I would not lie.Iwould send them written confirmation of guns/type/serial numbers and do it now.

Yes you are late but better you tell them than they find out,which they will..I would state when you bought them just inform them you now own them and to be put against your s/gun licence.Lying is just lame.

BASC is the recognised shooters cover plus you contribute to a pressure group on your side,join them.Some syndicates have group membership,check with your syndicate first.

ATb

You're a complete numpty. Do you want this man to go to jail... Do you realise that you are to send each letter via RECORDED DELIVERY there is a reason for this... So situations like "oh I promise I sent it" never arise.

quick question ......how many guns have you bought and sold ?

i would like to know the answer and then i will judge as to whether or not you are suitably experienced to call somone a numpty !!!!

as for me, i had a similar situation arise, i phoned the local firearms department explained i had sent them a letter and just wanted to ensure they had received it, they hadn't so i offered to send them a copy - simples !

Well well chaps happy outcome from ths little episode, after panic on Sunday ringing the FEO ringing the firearms department and leaving a message on the voicemail with all the details even telling them the air rifles serial numbers and E mailing them with all the info, I got in a right flap. Rang them first thing this morning to make sure they had seen at least of these corespondents. I said to the lady on the phone that I had brought two shotguns in march and failed to let them know and was I in trouble, she said no and checked the record to see if they had been put on from the auctions letter, no they had not, but she looked and said the auction had notified. I wanted reassurance that the matter was over and she said yes and there were no probs. How bad is it that over six weeks later and they haven't got round to putting it on the records?

How bad is it that over six weeks later and they haven't got round to putting it on the records?

Reinforces Alex's point of the firearms licensing department being even less organized that you are!

Glad it's sorted! :good:

It makes me wonder what people could get away with if they wanted, now the police are talking about doing away with home visits it can only get worse. I know I was at fault not letting them know straight away, but it does concern me that they also seem very lackadasical and its their job.