DB Killers on Quads

sixhills 69

Hi My land owner Breeds race horses and i want to use my quad bike on his land he has agreed but i want to look at reducing the sound of the quad bike a bit not just for the horses but not to scare all the rabbits ect.

I have heard of these DB Killers has anyone tried one and do they reduce the sound much? i read they do about 10db but that don't sound that much or am i wrong.

Any advice

Thanks

I fitted a Kolpin to my Honda quad. It did make a significant difference to the effect that even when loaded up with two men and gear, we could still have a conversation without raising voices etc. The loudest component now is the general engine noise, rather than the bark of the exhaust.

webber

ISTR that 1 DB 'higher' is twice as much noise, so 10 DB would be ten times as much noise. I don't know how well that works in minus values other than that 10 DB is a hell of a lot of difference.

3dB is twice the noise. So, for example, 9dB would be double, then double again, then again. So 8 times the noise.