Bird boxes

lurcherboy

Sundays are a bit of a loss at the moment now that the ferretting has come to an end.

I can shoot clays/pigeon but that only takes up some of the day, and the Moto GP and superbikes only lasts for a few hours, what I am trying to say is I need more things to do.

So after a walk in the woods tonight with the curs, I was wondering about all the different bird calls I heard and that got me to check out a website that FM posted ages ago.

It's called http://www.garden-birds.co.uk/ there were a few I recogised and loads I didn't.

It also had a section about making birdboxes and where to locate them etc.

Do any of you do this, and if so, has it been successful?

LB

Hi,

Do it now! :P Don't believe the **** about birds not going in them for a year after they have been put up. When I was 10 I put a box we had made earlier in the day up in the tree and by 8:30 the following morning Blue tits had moved in. :ernyha: We also have Blue Tits nesting in the nestbox in the back garden. :lol:

FM :lol:

Hi,

Do it now! :lol: Don't believe the **** about birds not going in them for a year after they have been put up. When I was 10 I put a box we had made earlier in the day up in the tree and by 8:30 the following morning Blue tits had moved in. :ernyha: We also have Blue Tits nesting in the nestbox in the back garden. :lol:

FM :lol:

its nice to know there in your garden isnt it, as you know nothing will try and kill them :P