How many shotguns can I fit in

k_h

I have a 2 and 5 (standard) but have clearance for 9 so 1 extra in each.

I would say 3 reasonably. If you can get them in it's legal. Just make sure the FLO signs you off for 3 assuming it is large enough. If you bought it then had 4 they would want to see them in the cabinet. I think most forces will have a view. Could be worth a phone call to FEO before you splash out?

Regards

Gav

I have a 2 and 5 (standard) but have clearance for 9 so 1 extra in each.

I would say 3 reasonably. If you can get them in it's legal. Just make sure the FLO signs you off for 3 assuming it is large enough. If you bought it then had 4 they would want to see them in the cabinet. I think most forces will have a view. Could be worth a phone call to FEO before you splash out?

Regards

Gav

First I've heard of 'signing you off' for number of shotguns in a cabinet.

If it's got one gun or five inside, it's still the same cabinet and still has the same strength. My three gun cabinet has five squeezed into it :rolleyes: Just because the foam block indicates it can hold three, minus the block, you can squeeze a few more in.

If it's got one gun or five inside, it's still the same cabinet and still has the same strength. My three gun cabinet has five squeezed into it :rolleyes: Just because the foam block indicates it can hold three, minus the block, you can squeeze a few more in.

you've heard of or haven't heard of ?

For the benefit of the OP I originally only had the 2 gun. Then when I purchased the 3 rd gun had a phone call within days from the FLO, they had me down as cleared for 2 only. Not an issue as it can fit 3 without or with the foam.

Not sure what point you are trying to make, it's my experience I am quoting?

You have heard of being signed off for a certain number ? Or you haven't heard ?

I suspect you meant you've not heard of being signed off on a specific number in a cabinet,

You then go onto make the point about the cabinet being the same wether it contains 2 or more shot guns (I agree)

It seems logical that as long as they're licenced ie youre entitled to have them, So long as you have them in a cabinet (however many you have) then it's legal ?

You have heard of being signed off for a certain number ? Or you haven't heard ?

I suspect you meant you've not heard of being signed off on a specific number in a cabinet,

You then go onto make the point about the cabinet being the same wether it contains 2 or more shot guns (I agree)

It seems logical that as long as they're licenced ie youre entitled to have them, So long as you have them in a cabinet (however many you have) then it's legal ?

I haven't heard of a cabinet requiring a sign off for more guns than it would normally hold. Sorry for the confusion ;)

However, contradicting my previous post, there is an opportunity for thieves to get more guns for the same amount of effort. One cabinet holding ten guns is easier to steal than two cabinets holding five guns.

Edited by Billy.

Phew :good:

Glad we got to bottom of that :lol:

I see your 2nd point but don't think I'd agree, Otherwise 5/7/9 gun cabinets which still only have the usual two locks wouldn't be accepted, you'd be forced to have multiple numbers of say 2 or 3 gun cabinets.

What I mean is that a five gun cabinet filled with ten guns, or two five cabinet guns with five guns in each - The locking system would be identical.

Clearly when you start adding a small armoury to your house you'll invest in a few more expanding bolts :rolleyes: