Variation

Hi all.

I put in for my variation for about 6 weeks ago now. And i'm getting frustrated when i call to see what

the hold up is with the variation be proccessed. All iv had is i'm next on the pile to be proccessed when i phone.

Its for a .243 caliber primarily for fox, though deer will be sort out in the near future. I only

put i for the caliber after he advised me to, after the land i gave him to check out passed for .243.

So i'm getting frustrated now that i can't get a straight answer as to why its taking so long and

could there be a problem with me actually getting the caliber .243 i asked for. Got a feeling that

i'm going to turned down as it is my first center fire and he may have missed advised me and should have just

put in for a .223 instead.

They cashed the cheque after the first week i sent it off, so i thought i would only be a matter of a week or

2 before it came through.. I just can't see why its taking so long, just to get their head honcho to say yes

or no to me having my variation passed an sent through.

Any one else had the same bullshat fob off lines while phoning their FEO.

DD

If you are next on the list to be processed just hang in there and be patient. If it is your 1st Centrefire then I'd expect it to possibly take longer than usual. How long ago was the land cleared for .243?

You may find they will insist on a mentor initially if it is your 1st centrefire

Edited by triscrx

Hi all.

I put in for my variation for about 6 weeks ago now. And i'm getting frustrated when i call to see what

the hold up is with the variation be proccessed. All iv had is i'm next on the pile to be proccessed when i phone.

Its for a .243 caliber primarily for fox, though deer will be sort out in the near future. I only

put i for the caliber after he advised me to, after the land i gave him to check out passed for .243.

So i'm getting frustrated now that i can't get a straight answer as to why its taking so long and

could there be a problem with me actually getting the caliber .243 i asked for. Got a feeling that

i'm going to turned down as it is my first center fire and he may have missed advised me and should have just

put in for a .223 instead.

They cashed the cheque after the first week i sent it off, so i thought i would only be a matter of a week or

2 before it came through.. I just can't see why its taking so long, just to get their head honcho to say yes

or no to me having my variation passed an sent through.

Any one else had the same bullshat fob off lines while phoning their FEO.

DD

Dont be surprised if its another 6 weeks.

If you are next on the list to be processed just hang in there and be patient. If it is your 1st Centrefire then I'd expect it to possibly take longer than usual. How long ago was the land cleared for .243?

You may find they will insist on a mentor initially if it is your 1st centrefire

The land has been past for donkeys years Tris mate. Its a number of farms but all in one family name.

He told me that i wouldn't need to have a mentor as a condition. As i don't drive as yet, the only was i can get

to go shooting is if one of my fellow shooting friends takes me. And the 2 i usually go with are experienced

open ticket rifle users using .223 to .308 calibeers. So i'll be in good company when i do go and hopefully in the next 6 months i should be

able to have it opened, pending the if he's happy with the experience i have got with it.

He's openening my ticket up for my HMR though as iv had it for 18 months, so thats a little bonus

for me. Just hoping its not going to go all pear shaped for my .243.

Just its so frustrating being given the fob off from them at the department.

i have been waiting 6 weeks for a variation to its crazy as from app to fac landing on door was only 2 weeks!!

Same here STE. My FAC took 3 weeks from start to finish, my SGC took 2 weeks.

This is taking the mick like to be honest. He advised me to put in for the .243

even though it was my first center fire. If he thought i had no chance of getting

it. Why didn't he advise me to just put in for .223 an be happy with that for

my first center fire. I'll be happy with either right now lol

DD

it can be a number of things he may be snowed under with lots of other tickets. so I wouldn't worry. it will come soon enough.

also like the other guys said as its your 1st cf you will get a visit. i did when i went in for 25/06.

yet other calibres I have added in the pass which are less then I already ha.d come back in the post with in a week and didnt get a visit

it can be a number of things he may be snowed under with lots of other tickets. so I wouldn't worry. it will come soon enough.

also like the other guys said as its your 1st c

f you will get a visit. i did when i went in for 25/06.

yet other calibres I have added in the pass which are less then I already ha.d come back in the post with in a week and didnt get a visit

I had it through yesterday Jamie mate.

Current wait in Derbyshire is 6 weeks, even for a one for one variation (selling a rifle and opening up the slot)

In my experience over the last 2 years it's varied from 5 days to six weeks. Just about every police force is facing huge cuts and staff shortages, they have brought in some computerisation which even the dealers say is actually doing the job and reducing wait times etc but they still have too much work to do and not enough staff.

Wonder if it might be an idea for each force to publish their average wait times on their websites weekly so people can see when they are low and submit tickets for variation, knowing how long roughly they'll have to wait.

If I knew it was six weeks when I sent my ticket in I'd have bought some more ammo!

Chris.

Edited by safetyfirst

Gwent have done this aswell once no gun then on another variation no mod .

Well iv checked mine Paul and all is present an correct thank goodness.

That was the first thing i done was read it through carefully to see if they

have missed any vital bit out. Thankfully none :good: :good: :good: