Butchery course

Mungler

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think alex has the right idea to butcher what you are likely to shoot ie deer,

as thats what you are shooting,

dont think the farmer would be to pleased if we start shooting his lambs,pigs,

if like me some of you have a pig you are rearing for yourself then if you are in reasonable distance i could come round and butcher it for you give you a one to one demo where you could join in for the price of my petrol a cup of tea and a pack of your best hobnobs,

colin

i think alex has the right idea to butcher what you are likely to shoot ie deer,

as thats what you are shooting,

dont think the farmer would be to pleased if we start shooting his lambs,pigs,

if like me some of you have a pig you are rearing for yourself then if you are in reasonable distance i could come round and butcher it for you give you a one to one demo where you could join in for the price of my petrol a cup of tea and a pack of your best hobnobs,

colin

thats what i was also thinking , Deer , rabbits and maybe make some of them up to eat .

So Colin - what setup do you need so i can sort it with the pub?

a area about 3ft by 5ft to work on i have got the tools if i know in advance who is bringing what i will know what else to bring ie. sausage filler and skins,burger press, a kettle for the tea and a pack of hobnobs,

i work tues to sat and have sun and mon off one of those days would be best or any evening if its after harvest when the farm is quieter

i can book a days holls if needed

colin

hobnobs, a genuine currency with real worth. You wouldnt believe the money saving negotiations I have struck that have relied on a pack of hobnobs as the clincher.

Definitely stick to deer and rabbits. If it fits in with my diary Id be happy to pop in and demonstrate the way in which we bone a rabbit out for stir fries etc. Dont want to tread on anyones toes though.

Its a really easy method with little waste.

hobnobs, a genuine currency with real worth. You wouldnt believe the money saving negotiations I have struck that have relied on a pack of hobnobs as the clincher.

Definitely stick to deer and rabbits. If it fits in with my diary Id be happy to pop in and demonstrate the way in which we bone a rabbit out for stir fries etc. Dont want to tread on anyones toes though.

Its a really easy method with little waste.

no probs mick the more rechtubs the better mate

colin

• 2 weeks later...

Good to meet you Colin and your lovely lady tonight :good:

Looks like this is a goer, the pub are bang up for it, there's a few dates to choose from, were gonna need a reliable source of some deer for the chosen date.

I'll leave Beardo to fill in all the details.

The beer from the Tring brewery is lurvely :beer::beer: I,ve forgotten the name :drinks:

Looks like this is a goer, the pub are bang up for it, there's a few dates to choose from, were gonna need a reliable source of some deer for the chosen date.

The beer from the Tring brewery is lurvely :beer::beer: I,ve forgotten the name :drinks:

Niel nice to meet you both to,the first thing the missus said when we got back in the car was that the beer was nice,

colin

Mmmmmm - side pocket (for a toad)?

Thanks so much for coming down and meeting us Colin and getting the plan together.

I'll sit down tomorrow and post up a poll for dates and the suggested plan for the evening.

All looking great, i'm really looking forward to it.

This evenings beer was Raunchy Reverend by Tring breweries.

RaunchyLG.gif