a few corvids and pigeon

docholiday

well was meant to be fishing today great neap tides just one problem the wind, been blowing old boots down here so we cancelled, my fishing buddy went to work so I took the opportunity to have another go at the rooks, went up to the pig farm about 4 ish to see if there was an evening flight, tried another field as there are corvids eveywhere,, set up and the wind changed so a bit of fiddling about, then a couple of tractors turned up to do some work, looked like I had set up in the wrong place, anyway they left about 5 ish and I knocked a few pigeons and JACKDAWS down, interestingly these were all young, before I had a mixture of both, plus crows. anyway nice evening, glorious sunshine so not a bad start to the Bank Holiday

506f085b.jpg

Edited by docholiday

I think that its about time that you identified what birds that you are shooting. Rooks and Jackdaws dont do much harm to crops apart from trampling down and eating flattened wheat type crops. Both of these species are found in numerous quantities whereas Crows are generally solitary birds and do take young birds and small animals. They dont kill pigs as I read on a post recently. Crows are black plumage and black bill with bare legs. Rooks have black plumage white /cream bill with feathered legs. Jackdaws are smaller and generally have a grey nape to the neck. Have a look in a bird book. Or else youll end up shooting a swan thinking its a goose or a duck.

And the pigeons are doves

Edited by fortune

I think that it’s about time that you identified what birds that you are shooting. Rooks and Jackdaws don’t do much harm to crops apart from trampling down and eating flattened wheat type crops. Both of these species are found in numerous quantities whereas Crows are generally solitary birds and do take young birds and small animals. They don’t kill pigs as I read on a post recently. Crows are black plumage and black bill with bare legs. Rooks have black plumage white /cream bill with feathered legs. Jackdaws are smaller and generally have a grey nape to the neck. Have a look in a bird book. Or else you’ll end up shooting a swan thinking it’s a goose or a duck.

Well done mate :good: corvids are corvids mate :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and best shot :yes:

I think that it’s about time that you identified what birds that you are shooting. Rooks and Jackdaws don’t do much harm to crops apart from trampling down and eating flattened wheat type crops. Both of these species are found in numerous quantities whereas Crows are generally solitary birds and do take young birds and small animals. They don’t kill pigs as I read on a post recently. Crows are black plumage and black bill with bare legs. Rooks have black plumage white /cream bill with feathered legs. Jackdaws are smaller and generally have a grey nape to the neck. Have a look in a bird book. Or else you’ll end up shooting a swan thinking it’s a goose or a duck.

Bill oddie :yes: :yes: post :yp: :yp:

Dear Bill Oddie :D

The Gay RSPC web sights can be found elsewhere, The Jackdaws will quite happily pile in and have a go at the newborn piglets, dont tell me they will not as I have seen them doing it and the DOVES as you call them are squabs, now I will explain what a squab is for you as you havnt a clue what you are talking about, these are young pigeon and hence have not yet developed their white bars etc, hope that puts you in the picture. So why dont you crawl back under the troll stone you came out from and go back to reading books,

:P :P :P :P :P

ps here is a picture of a squab, just so you dont go and shoot a EMU by mistake

post-14225-0-83539000-1306569614.jpg

Edited by docholiday

Dear Bill Oddie :D

The Gay RSPC web sights can be found elsewhere, The Jackdaws will quite happily pile in and have a go at the newborn piglets, dont tell me they will not as I have seen them doing it and the DOVES as you call them are squabs, now I will explain what a squab is for you as you havnt a clue what you are talking about, these are young pigeon and hence have not yet developed their white bars etc, hope that puts you in the picture. So why dont you crawl back under the troll stone you came out from and go back to reading books,

:P :P :P :P :P

Nice one :good::lol: