Rearing huts gas heaters or elctric

15 members have voted

1. 1. who uses gas or electric heaters

• Gas
    • Electric (Mains)
    • Electric (Generator)

How big a setup, number of birds, size of sheds? If small scale the gas is by far the cheapest and wool always be the cheapest even if costs go sky high. As an investment and on large scale take a look into wood pellet/chip boiler and generators you can be quite cleaver with it but does require big investment and/or more hard work.

We are looking at doing 25,000 pheasants the first year in 10'x10' sheds but we want to do it righ so its less money spent in the long run

best way!

we use 12*12 sheds with 900 in each with 2 small heaters in ( thats what we had in the small sheds) and they do fine. we stopped putting hard board surrounds in this year too whitch was a brave move and ment sleeping in a empty shed and wakeing up every half hour to look at them for the first couple of nights ime keeping a photo diary of this years rearing season with the veiws of doing a wright up at the end for pw!

• 1 month later...

if it was me i would get your boss to go down the big rearing shed way like the 19'x24' pukka pens or sedgeborrow ones they are insulated so use less gas in that size shed you can rear 2000 its quicker when you come to daily feed/check ect they are easy maintence if you have a telehandler they can me moved wholesale the only prob is if something does go wrong it really does with more birds. that is the way i would go everytime if i had the choice