Tonights success...

gibby

I understand why some wish not to shoot foxes at this time of year.

I control the foxes on a local pig farm and annually shot about 40 foxes. Foxes come from miles around to help themselves to the newly born piglets.

I for one have to carry on regardless, no matter what time of year. I regrettably shot a vixen last week that showed that she had cubs somewhere. I know that I left those cubs to their fate. I know my ground, so I know that there is no earth's on the farm and these foxes that I pick up are visiting from others areas.

The farmer reported to me that before I started controlling foxes. He annually lost about £5000 worth of piglets to foxes. So for me there can be no let up in the campaign to control them.

Tommy thats a tad unnecessary. The post was totally justified. If you are shooting foxes for Vermin control rather than sport and its part of your job any fox is better off dead than alive. Ok it may cause suffering to young but its no worse than the fox being run over. Nature is harsh but if you're a keeper trying to keep their wild bird stock going and trying to stop ground nesting birds being eaten then you can't afford to give foxes a second thought. I've been on plenty of fox drives at this time of year and never hesitated on shooting them. If I had I'd not have been asked back because to our keeper the only good fox is a dead one!

I'd agree its better to sort out the cubs with terriers if possible but its not always possible.

******** in both original posts nothing was said about controling the foxes shot because they were up to no good / vermin control

they were shot because they could regardless.

and whats even worse the people who shot them

were proud of it, nothing was even mentioned about taking care of the vixen & cubs thus giving the antis who collect fuel for mr blairs fire more and more fuel, he'll be laughing all the way. it wont be guy fawks on the top, it will be all the shooting fraternety. i for one will not fuel this fire

i think if everyone reads the posts carefuly inc the one that was stopped http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=16998 u will realise where im comming from

to tell the truth i'm sick upto the back teeth of people talking a load of ****e so this will be the last post i will write on this forum

i do not wish to be associated with with some of the idiots that are on this site. dont get me wrong lads, its not all of you.......................................

good bye

MODS PLEASE DELETE ALL MY DETAILS FROM THIS SITE

:rolleyes: :thumbs: :blink: :lol: yet another good forum member gone due to people not wording there posts correct and everyone jumping on the bandwagon maybe if the origional post was telling the full story it would have never got this far

how are we able to suport this sport if we cannot even suport each other :lol:??? :( :(

90 % of us on here shoot for leisure/sport ,It's a pastime or outside interest if you like .................There ain't many of us where pest control is a buisness OR rely on a buisiness where vermin can cause financial loss.The difference being you can assess the situation as to whether the kill is justified or not .........A Sporting Attitude

.......The exemption to this is when the landowner has alerted you to the fact that hes seeing to many Foxes and wants them taking care of ........THATS VERMIN CONTROL this time of year .And no don't come back and say if he has to alert you it's an indication that your rubbish and he'll get somebody else ......I've been in the real world too long and if your safe ,responsible and have the right attitude then you won't loose a permission ............Certainly one thats worth keeping and that you've been active on anyway And I'm not daft either .........I would'nt indicate that I'm reluctant this time of year to take Foxes

As I see it from someone who enjoys this sport as a leisurley pastime IF THEY AINT CAUSING A PROBLEM I let them breed and control them later on in the year :thumbs:

Tommy

I'm sad to see such a valued forum member leave but know that along with myself alot of fellas on here are going to miss your input ........So when the dust has settled I hope you have second thoughts mate :rolleyes:

This is all so pathetic. :rolleyes:

It's not pathetic Frank ...........Someone has expressed a difference of opinion and made some suggestions to post the reasons and justification behind pulling the trigger .

And he has been hounded for it ...........The Forum won't last long if it's a case of you can only join our gang so long as you agree with the opinions of the majority on here

It's not pathetic Frank ...........Someone has expressed a difference of opinion and made some suggestions to post the reasons and justification behind pulling the trigger .

And he has been hounded for it ...........The Forum won't last long if it's a case of you can only join our gang so long as you agree with the opinions of the majority on here

Sorry ive, i did not mean it in a bad way, i just wish everyone would except each other for who they are, each to their own.

I do agree though, the less ammo we give to the antis the better, but id say most of us are thoughtfull in what we do and just forget to choose the correct words at times.

I can fully appreciate how Tommy was feeling when he chucked the towel in on this forum.

All he was trying to do, was say to people on here, BE CAREFUL HOW YOU POST, BECAUSE THIS SITE IS IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN, AND AS SUCH ALL BAD POSTS CAN BE USED AGAINST THE SHOOTING FRATERNITY.

Of course, he's right, our sport is a very political issue and will be in times to come.

We've seen how quickly "the do-gooders" of this world use political clout to get things banned or the law changed, even though they're totally clueless about the real issues, rural economy for example. It's very easy for them to do, and politicians will willingly ride on the back of it to gain popularity, we've seen that as well. I've personally seen many changes in attitude to fieldsports over the years, and trouble has always come from those that are ignorant to the true facts, but have the clout to" get it sorted".

I for one believe that we need to portray ourselves as I said in the other post Tommy refered to:

We need to abide by the rules and ethics set out by the BASC.

We need to be aware that other people can see our posts.

We need to be aware that in the case of fox culling for example, that if we have to cull a fox during welping season, it is justified in words.

We don't need Rambo like gestures.

We don't really need graphical representation of what we shot above tasteful pictures.

Neither do we need a minority of people who have been shooting for five minutes pulling down the opinions of experienced shooters who value their SPORT.

Neither do we need posts whereby we shot something for the sake of shooting it.

I suspect the large majority of members to this forum are responsible ethical sportsman, however the forum is diplomatic and anyone can post, but it is the minority, the poor posters, the cowboys who will drag field sports in to the abyss, along with everybody else.

My opinion for what it's worth. :rolleyes:

Edited by PestController

I'll never be a bloody scientist but I know whats goin on around me on the shoot and how to go about my job. I don't do your job because I'm not qualified. If we were all as intelligent as you the world would be a ****e place. You can't get at me for not being blessed like you but I do my job, you do yours (NASA scientist?)

Chris

I totally agree with Grimescar here...

yet another good forum member gone due to people not wording there posts correct and everyone jumping on the bandwagon maybe if the origional post was telling the full story it would have never got this far

Fubar you seem to be placing the buck firmly on me here and if you are you are sadly mistaken. Why should it only be the first post that sets the tone, if you read on i justified my reasons and Tommy and I came to an agreement.

I think this post has got to far out of hand... if you read form the start Tommy made his suggestion and i listened to it.

Tommy i take your point on board as i know you do shoot many a fox... I will write my posts from now on with more care and attention.

I think that this post should now be closed

However i still see my shot as being justified and ethical.

Edited by gibby

my post is not intended to put the blame on anybody it is something we have all done in the past it is not for me to say who is at blame and who is not my post was just to point out how much trouble and missunderstanding a wrongly worded post can and has caused you are not to blame gibby i think we all share that position.