What Can You Use or Sell?

I'm trying to use as much of the animals I kill as possibly, but at the moment, I'm limited to a couple of people who will have the more tender rabbits for eating, and a friend who will pass on the tougher ones to a friend of his for their ferrets.

Pigeon breasts also seem pretty easy to offload in the small numbers we get with the air rifles.

I really need to look up a game dealer or butcher locally who I can offload some rabbits on to so I can get out and do a little more shooting without having to waste the rabbits.

My question is, what else can you use/sell. I don't want any rabbit fur boxer shorts, but are there people out there who want rabbit fur, magpie/jay feathers, squirrel tails etc?

Jay wings are popular for fly tying, as are squirrel tails.

You won't get much for rabbit or squirrel but Jay wings can fetch up to £5 a pair which is good going but stuff is only ever worth what someone is willing to pay :yes:

Your best bet is to look on ebay.

Edited by fo5ter

E veniard,buy stoat/,weasel skins tails,magpie wings ,mole skins etc i use to deal with them years back when keepering. they stil advertise for the above in s/times for fly tying,hope this helps . you woul have to send alot to make it worth while ,and cure/air dry them :good:

E veniard,buy stoat/,weasel skins tails,magpie wings ,mole skins etc i use to deal with them years back when keepering. they stil advertise for the above in s/times for fly tying,hope this helps . you woul have to send alot to make it worth while ,and cure/air dry them :good:

like he said i made over £100 quid this summer from them with clean shot jackdawd and magpies being worht the most as well as mole skins and where talking 35p per pair of wings hear