UCaller Questions & Opinions

ellebarto

My RFD had some of the wired ones in on a special so I picked one up to test out. My brothers house is on the outskirts of farm land and having set up the caller and placed the speaker on his garage roof we fired it up with one of the supplied Crow calls. I cant believe the results. There were a dozen crows circling and going nuts within 5 minutes. As soon as they saw us down below they cleared off but were squawking in the trees for another 10 minutes before they moved on. All in all very impressed with it but just have a few thoughts and questions.

I've read on a few forums that its not legal to use an automated caller to decoy anything in. If thats a law I cant find it anywhere and am suprised RFD's are selling them??

Has anyone else got one of these and have they found it this good?

I had thought I'd use it to bring foxes in and wanted to extend the wire to the speaker out to say 20 metres. Is it a basic 3.5mm audio jack? If it is I noticed that extensions on amazon on £3.50 where the Ucaller listed extension is £15.

It does say on the box for photogarphy use only but i dont know any one who uses it for that. There an awsome bit of kit the secret i found is not to keep it on for too long at any one time. Also press the button a few times so that its not the same continues sound. Also works well with a few decoys. Not too sure why you need to extend the cable i have had mine for 3 years now and would buy a new one tom if it broke.

Good luck

I always thought using sound was illegal to lure birds. As far as I know luring Foxes either with food, scent or sound is fine. It must be as lots of people have published books and videos of them doing it and if it was illegal it would get them in trouble!

Edit... Actually it's not sound, rather a recording or electronic device that is illegal. You can use a manual call for Crows as far as I'm aware.

Edited by njc110381

I'm using one of these callers,and the response from magpies is unbelievable,they go absolutely nuts.I must add that i've only tried the magpie calls in my back garden.

The rabbit squeals work well on fox.

I wanted to get some lamb calls on there,but there is a charge to download them, shame.

Alan :)