BF goodrich A/T or General Grabber AT2 Tyres

rimfire4969

Sadly not a myth had a blow out at 70+ on m42 on monday on front left, i can't replace it with another At2 as not made anymore because of EU ruling. Rubbish, although BFG AT are still just ok according to the EU????!!! So have to replace both front set with normal Grabber AT's which is going to look a little odd... So from only looking to replace one tyre I need to replace both fronts!

Anyone have any other suggestion?

Depending what size you need, you can still get them. I've just bought 4 Grabber AT2s from Paddocks

• 3 weeks later...

Looking to get some more tyres on the disco grabber at2 are been fazed out to be replaced with the a/t which by some reports is better than the a/t2 but then I saw the continental cross contact a/t which some Landy dealers are fitting as standard. Conti's give 10% more fuel economy from one of the guys on the disco forum compared to the grabber a/t and go for 40k+ on/off road as they are both a 50/50 tyre

i have had bf,s on all my 4x4s and cant fault them yeh there not cheap but you get what you pay for a few of my mates are now running panthers a copy of the bf tread pattern and they all seem to be well pleased with them so may be there worth a look and about 50.quid cheaper than bf,s a corner

Sorry to say its true. :mad: I gather is to due with too much noise for people on the foot paths. Can't see the problem myself as I drive a TD5 :lol::lol: However, tyre comapnies are looking to produce quieter tyres. The latest Grabber AT (not AT2) complies with new regs, a bit less aggressive but there are some positive reviews on them, but don't know anyone who has tested them in the serious mud yet.