Need advice plz.

gaffa9977

Im new to these forums so id just like to say hello.

Im in the market for a new rifle,i have been researching just about everything out there and at present ive narrowed it down to 2 rifles-Webley FX2000 and the AAS410.

If anyone could help me with my decision id be gratefull.(its for targets and hunting).Also my current rifle is a Theoben Fenman,anyone have a clue what price they go for second hand.Any help would be appreciated,thx.

Edited by gaffa9977

i got a AAS410 yesterday and it is ace not had a airgun in years but i got fed up paying for a fac so i gave up my ruger .22 for the .22 air arms airgun what a surprise if any thing it is more consistent than the ruger three shots to zero it in then off i went first five shots with it 3 rabbits and 1 squirrel i am a happy little bunny ;)???

Thx for the replys lads :)cheers ....all AA fans huh,anyone used an fx2000 before?.

I had made my mind up this morning on an FX but after everyone's posts its an S410 again lol,hard work this.

Nothing wrong with a fenman Blackthorn,just thought id upgrade.

nothing wrong with either of the above rifles, just that AA has a good customer service record, and the onyl fault i have ever come accross with the S410 is the magazine indexing spring breaking after many 1000's of shots, but at under a tenner to replace and 5 mins work not the end of the world if it does happen.

but add my vote to the S410. though i would seriously advise you to shoulder both rifles and go for the one you like the most, as they are both as accurate as each other.

ROB ;)

Thx again Roblade....the only reason i prefer the webley Fx at the moment is because of the position of the bolt action and the apparant ease of increasing the power to FAC.

Anyone ever use uttings.com?,also(prolly a silly question),whats the diff between the FX2000 and the FX2000 'K' Nighthunter?its the same price at uttings,but its a lefty in the web pic.

Cheers

Thx again Roblade....the only reason i prefer the webley Fx at the moment is because of the position of the bolt action and the apparant ease of increasing the power to FAC.

Anyone ever use uttings.com?,also(prolly a silly question),whats the diff between the FX2000 and the FX2000 'K' Nighthunter?its the same price at uttings,but its a lefty in the web pic.

Cheers

Hi,

A gunsmith will be able to easily tune a S410 up to FAC if you show him your FAC. :(

FM :o

just curiouse but have you shopped around for the best prices on thekit you want?

uttings seem to have a price of:

Fx2000 £449

or the kits for £490

+ silencer £30

+ bag £15

total £535

there is another company doing the same set up for £100 less! you have to shop around, have a look here:

JS RAMSBOTTOM

i couldnt work out if the kit was 449 or 399, i think if you clicked the buy it on line price it was 399.

all the best

ROB :(

ps the ceapest option of getting a rifle FAC'd is to totaly change the rifle due to the costs involved with getting an RFD to put the rifle on ticket, if you lucky the paper work alone would cost you £50 and the work another £50, and since the second hand price of an FAC rifle is less than that of a standard rifle, i shall leave you to do the maths for yourself there.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

What groupings do you get from the b2 now. :drinks:

FM :blush:

:beer: around 1 1/2" at 35 yards. ok, it could be better, but considering it kicks like a mule on heat it could also be a lot worse! :yahoo: (this is boresighted as i have previously ground what was left of the rear sight from the weapon).

Edited by killer rabbit (r1000)