Solway hanging drinkers

Hi,

I am thinking of putting 5 solway hanging drinkers in one of our pens, connected to a water header tank. Has anyone used them? Are they any good? Whats the best way to connect them? Anyone got any photo's of their set up.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Reggiegun

http://www.solwayfeeders.com/products/solway-hanging-drinker-p1809-c370.html

I use the BEC 75 style hanging drinkers in all of my pens and get on OK with them.

I hang them from a frame (two uprights and a cross bar) approx 2' high, keeping the length of line short to minimize swing in the wind.

My pens are quite sheltered so I've never had problems with losing water because of swinging too much.

Make an upturned 'V' out of wire mesh and pin it to the top of the frame to stop the poults roosting on the frame

and crapping on the drinkers.

metal spike at an angle and hung from shepherds crook type hook like the type you used to see arround road works etc made from the barley twist rods used to reinforce concrete the only probs we have had is a hole in the feeder pipe from tank made by a shotgun pellet and we left a few out over the season so frost damage and the rats / mice love the rubber hose but you can get spares to repair these drinkers.we use 1 drinker to 50 poults and we do have a few ballcock fed drinkers in the pen for back up you can't have to many drinkers for your poults as they do like a drink :drinks:

Hi,

I am thinking of putting 5 solway hanging drinkers in one of our pens, connected to a water header tank. Has anyone used them? Are they any good? Whats the best way to connect them? Anyone got any photo's of their set up.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Reggiegun

http://www.solwayfeeders.com/products/solway-hanging-drinker-p1809-c370.html

give Cheshire game a call they do the decent bell type drinker for pretty much the same price :good: