out last night

stuartbrierley

went out last night to a farm got there about 9.30 sat waiting for foxy near a muck pile we were scanning the fields with the binos nothing about then a car sounded the horn at the back of us 30 seconds later foxy in the field the wind was blowing on to us foxy didn't have a clue we were there my mate waited until a safe shot could be taken then the thud of hitting home one down when i fetched the fox it looked like a large cub wrong it was a little vixen no milk on her (cubs well gone)?20 minutes later dropping dark fast we got the ucaller out a set of eyes lit up at the back of the muck pile walking between horses no safe shot so just waited the fox seemed to know the red filter and sat on the edge turning away then coming back.after 10 mins took the filter off he was not bothered about the light and was now at the bottom of a bank 150 yards away thud 2 down had a quick scan and to the right about 80 yards a large fox is just sat looking thud 3 down gave it another hour nothing showed then called it a night

all foxes were shot with a 243

ps pic was taken with mobile phone

post-1987-0-46089000-1310562927.jpg

went out last night to a farm got there about 9.30 sat waiting for foxy near a muck pile we were scanning the fields with the binos nothing about then a car sounded the horn at the back of us 30 seconds later foxy in the field the wind was blowing on to us foxy didn't have a clue we were there my mate waited until a safe shot could be taken then the thud of hitting home one down when i fetched the fox it looked like a large cub wrong it was a little vixen no milk on her (cubs well gone)?20 minutes later dropping dark fast we got the ucaller out a set of eyes lit up at the back of the muck pile walking between horses no safe shot so just waited the fox seemed to know the red filter and sat on the edge turning away then coming back.after 10 mins took the filter off he was not bothered about the light and was now at the bottom of a bank 150 yards away thud 2 down had a quick scan and to the right about 80 yards a large fox is just sat looking thud 3 down gave it another hour nothing showed then called it a night

all foxes were shot with a 243 you shoot very well with 2 glass eyes stu.old pal

ps pic was taken with mobile phone