stock length?

fergie

Stock length can you get different length stocks off the shelf. i guess what I'm asking is can you but something like a Beretta or Browning with a a stock length of 14.1/2", 14.3/4", 15" etc.

The reason I ask is i hope to be in a position to buy a new gun soon and would like a bit of a longer stock I'm 6ft 3" and find my other gun stock to short i have added a leather extension but i would like to be able to buy one without having to add anything. Hope that all makes sense

I think Browning and Mirokus now come with a slighter longer stock than they used to, I think they're about 15" now. With Berettas you can buy thicker pads which are already correctly shaped to suit a specific model's stock to extend them, these are a straightforward fit just remove the two screws out of old pad and screw on the new.

I found out today that Beretta have finally started making plastic spacers to increase the LOP, I'm 6' 5" and the standard stocks are too short for me. I went to look at a new gun and took a spacer I had imported from the US for my AL391 and asked them if they had anything similar, only on the latest list have Beretta listed them and they had both the 1" and 1\2" spacers available which fit perfectly with the factory holes :)

I got home with the new gun (AL391 Urika Teknys Stonecoat Gold) extended the stock with the spacer and then shimmed it the same as my other 391 for drop and cast all done in less than an hour.

Cheers,

Jon.