Anschutz 1517

deadeye ive

Ok lads

Having sold the .22lr now is the time for the aquirsistion of a .17hmr ......Anybody on here have one of these ?

Can you get them in Thumbhole ?

Any pitfalls ?

Looking at a 1517 DHB Threaded for £499 ............Good price :lol:

Mark bivvy .............I have looked at several CZs and they are so bloody ugly that I would have to use a catapault to feed a rd into it's breach :lol:

Thanks for the link GM

Have looked at the American also ..............In fairness it was second hand and looked like it had had a hard life :lol: ...........The action of the bolt slide was still rough as old boots as well ,unlike the anschutz which was smooth as silk like my Tikka :lol:

However I do know that the CZs do what they say on the Box ,I ,m just not a fan of the build quality of the ones i've seen so far :lol:

Ok lads

Having sold the .22lr now is the time for the aquirsistion of a .17hmr ......Anybody on here have one of these ?

Can you get them in Thumbhole ?

Any pitfalls ?

Looking at a 1517 DHB Threaded for £499 ............Good price <_<

Mark bivvy .............I have looked at several CZs and they are so bloody ugly that I would have to use a catapault to feed a rd into it's breach :lol:

Ive

I'm looking at making the same decision very soon.

I think that you will find that the list price for a thumbhole stocked version is £640, but there must be some betters offers out there

Don

Ive

I'm looking at making the same decision very soon.

I think that you will find that the list price for a thumbhole stocked version is £640, but there must be some betters offers out there

Don

DED

I just fellout of love with the .22lr and seeing as I have a 35 ft lb air gun well that took preference as it was more predictable and consistant .

Good Move IMO ............you won't regret it .

What you going for should you decide to make the change ?

I've got the Anschutz thumbhole in .17hmr and .22lr and recommend both, I've had no problems with either, out of the box accuracy is superb and you do not have to worry about modding them as the factory barrels and triggers are top drawer. They are expensive compared to other rifles, and the thumbhole stock option (fitted in Britain) is an extra expense, but as Martin pointed out you are buying a rifle that will last 20 or 30 years if looked after. My Oppo has a Marlin in .17hmr with a beautiful laminate stock, but for feel and balance it's not a patch on my .17 Anschutz. The .22 with the shorter barrel is even better balanced and the nicest gun to hold all day I've ever owned. The best .17 expanding ammo for vermin control I've found is Federal Premium V-Shok.

Pat

I've got the Anschutz thumbhole in .17hmr and .22lr and recommend both, I've had no problems with either, out of the box accuracy is superb and you do not have to worry about modding them as the factory barrels and triggers are top drawer. They are expensive compared to other rifles, and the thumbhole stock option (fitted in Britain) is an extra expense, but as Martin pointed out you are buying a rifle that will last 20 or 30 years if looked after. My Oppo has a Marlin in .17hmr with a beautiful laminate stock, but for feel and balance it's not a patch on my .17 Anschutz. The .22 with the shorter barrel is even better balanced and the nicest gun to hold all day I've ever owned. The best .17 expanding ammo for vermin control I've found is Federal Premium V-Shok.

Pat

Thanks for the info Pat.

I have a .22 Sako Varmint, and love it to bits. I cannot understand why Sako do not offer a .17hmr version of this. I also have a Sako 75 .223 which is bloody wonderful.

I've tried plastic stocks in the past (Remington 700 Varmint 22-250), and I do like a quality wooden stock even though they are harder to maintain.

So, it looks as though I will be going for the Anschutz thumbhole.

Now, has anyone any advice regarding a scope? Seems to me that a 6-20 zoom or similar would be about right?

Thanks again

Don

I have a Leupold VX11 6 - 18 X 40 with the new Ballistic Reticule and it is perfect for my HMR.

Any quality scope with a highish top end mag would do. In reality the HMR is a 150 yard round and a 125 yard zero means a dead on hold anywhere out to that range in the real world. No real need for Milldots or the reticule I have, I bought it because it would be versatile if I swapped it to a Fullbore.