Canon EOS LP-e5 battery

gixer1

Folks,

I have bought a Canon battery grip that takes 2 x LP-E5 batteries or 6 c AA batteries, i went to look for an additional LP-E5 battery and notice there are a few non-canon ones on evilbay, has anyone tried these cheapo versions and if so are they any good?

A Li-ion battery should be as good as any other Li-ion battery i would think? but i keep hearing "you get what you pay for" in my head!

also i notice there are some 55-250 sigma lenses on there too from Hong cong for around £120 are these ok for an use or cheap rubbish?

Regards,

Gixer

Folks,

I have bought a Canon battery grip that takes 2 x LP-E5 batteries or 6 c AA batteries, i went to look for an additional LP-E5 battery and notice there are a few non-canon ones on evilbay, has anyone tried these cheapo versions and if so are they any good?

A Li-ion battery should be as good as any other Li-ion battery i would think? but i keep hearing "you get what you pay for" in my head!

also i notice there are some 55-250 sigma lenses on there too from Hong cong for around £120 are these ok for an use or cheap rubbish?

Regards,

Gixer

the lenses are not the same as a canon lens thats for sure, they wok ok but spend all you can on the lens, camera/ grips etc much less important

doc

I'd avoid cheapo lenses. A bad lens will render your expensive camera useless.

I've bought loads of batteries, which aren't Nikon ones. Most of them work reliably, although the ones which didn't were more than likely my fault, as I mixed different mAh levels.

Best to match them, or one will run out quicker than the other and give funny battery level readings.

Edited by Billy.

i've had some generic canon fit batteries from ebay and have been happy with them.

in fact cant remember ever buying a non oem battery from ebay that hasnt been any good,

i've found the phone and camera batteries to work fine and usually about 1/3 or less than the price of

a genuine one.

on another note i wouldn't buy a memory card from ebay..........

7 day shop for camera batteries.

The non Canon ones are actually better than the Canon ones. Lots of them are high capacity and for under £10 you can buy 5+ for the price of a Factory made piece. I have been using some in my 50d for over 3 years (had them for my 40d too) and they are still going strong and will hold a 100% charge for months at a time.