which air rifle and scopes to get

run rabbits run

i would recommend the hw100 sporter or the air arms 410 with a 3-9x50 scope for hunting. a good all round set up i think and both multi shots.cannot get into the 177 or 22 debate.never owned or used the bsa so cant comment on that make fella.welcome to the forum .

I'd second the AirArms S410 with probably a Hawke 3-9x50 scope (good value and adequate for starters). I use a S400 in .177, it's good for at least 45 yards, a bit more if you're capable of the accuracy, the gun is.

I use a Hawke 3-9x40 which is good enough most of the time, but I suspect I could do better in the twilight with a bigger objective lens.

The Hw100 is a good gun too...but HEAVY in comparison, not an issue if shooting targets but if you have to lug it across a field or two you'll notice it.

Edited by -Mongrel-

Hello

I am hoping to get the BSA Ultra Multishot, is this a good rifle or not. i don't know whether to get .117 or .22 so could i have some advice on that

Also dont know what scopes to get, I shoot rabbits, grey squirrels and some pigeons

thanks

Jon

Jon,

Where you Based ?

Check out Local Air Gun Clubs and See what is about

Often they have For Sale Tables - chance to Pick up a bargin :good:

There is so much about

Worth checking out choice before spending Funds

BOB/R

http://www.lvagc.com

Keep it real & buy yourself a German Springer :shoot: - 77 or 97, in the right hands, as accurate as a PCP with the bounus of not needing to pump it up.

Last month, everybody turned up at the local gun club, all PCP'd up, but nobody thought to bring a pump / bottle. 2 hours later, the ranges were very free for us humble springer boys. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:welcomeani:

If you want a PCP rifle I would advise you to get the Air Arms S410 or the Theoben Rapid,-2 of the finest PCP rifles ever made IMO!!!

I personally don't like the cocking action of the Ultra.

You won't go wrong if you buy an S410 or Rapid!

As for scopes-how long is a piece of string?There are a good choice of quality scopes on the Market today.It really depends on your budget how much you want to spend on a scope!My advice is to buy the best you can afford.

Any more advice just let me know.

ATB.

Hello

I am hoping to get the BSA Ultra Multishot, is this a good rifle or not. i don't know whether to get .117 or .22 so could i have some advice on that

Also dont know what scopes to get, I shoot rabbits, grey squirrels and some pigeons

thanks

Jon

NO........... it's not a good rifle, but as a PCP multyshot you will learn a lot at a sensible price and have a better idea what to go for next, if you decide this shooting malarky is for you!

ATB !

Forget the Ultra, reloading an ultra, press side switch, watch your nose as the bolt wazzes back at high velocity, close bolt, then press stupid blasted plunger at the front, by the time you have done the hokey cokey the quarry has ******** off into the next field.

Scorpion, pull bolt back, cock and reload at once, easy, recommend a Scorpion over an Ultra at any time. Even better is a Super 10, but all the new ones have now been sold (Knibbs had 6 recently, I know, I bought one)!