pigeon flapper

A friend has one from shoot warehouse with a remote , nice piece of kit, best thing Ive seen pull birds off a distant line since magnets 1st came out.

Have a look at Dennys Dippas as well ..... He did not mention them (above) but they look good to me :good:

Edited by malkiserow

I have one and it seems more realistic to me than the slower versions ,i need a different timer though as mine stays on a little too long.

Get a remote, Cosd uses one and he is spot on with pulling the birds in with it, Ive shot with him and the flapper with him useing the remote , 2to3 second burst to get their interest from a distance let them take their line then another 2to3 second flap, final flap if needed 40 to 50 yards from the pattern for commital, once they look commited no flapping at all.

Having seen a turbo flapper in use as Cosd does definately a set up im looking at for a next purchase :good: .

Anyone wanna swap a turbo flpper for some Dippas :rolleyes:

Edited by deny essex

Get a remote, Cosd uses one and he is spot on with pulling the birds in with it, Ive shot with him and the flapper with him useing the remote , 2to3 second burst to get their interest from a distance let them take their line then another 2to3 second flap, final flap if needed 40 to 50 yards from the pattern for commital, once they look commited no flapping at all.

Having seen a turbo flapper in use as Cosd does definately a set up im looking at for a next purchase :good: .

Anyone wanna swap a turbo flpper for some Dippas :rolleyes:

I just sold a remote unit with my old flapper as I found I spent more time concentrating on using it than i did the bird i was suppose to be shooting !!

The style Cosd uses the remote he has more than enough time take the shot.

Must admit it is not something I have ever considard buying in all my years shooting and Ive tried a lot of stuff but I personaly think with the right technique it can be as good at pulling birds as the magnet on the right day especialy if you cant get close enough to a flight line..

The style Cosd uses the remote he has more than enough time take the shot.

Must admit it is not something I have ever considard buying in all my years shooting and Ive tried a lot of stuff but I personaly think with the right technique it can be as good at pulling birds as the magnet on the right day especialy if you cant get close enough to a flight line..

I've been using the turbo with an intermittent timer with good results. I think a remote would be an annoyance and a bit unnecessary - alot of the time birds can dive into the pattern without you spotting them first, and so for these birds a remote would be redundant.

I can only go by what I have experienced and know the turbo pulls birds from a distance with the remote.

Seen many times on here that you should not operate a flapper when the bird is close commited to the pattern as it can put them off , does an intermitant timer with no control not put the birds off if it fires up at the time of the birds commitment?

Not chaseing a jaw busting just not experienced much with a flapper.

Just a quick before beers...

Had a turbo out today on a random timer. Was shooting over standing wheat and had this chap up on a pole facing into the wind. We used it to pull birds away from a tree lone that the spinner didn't. Within minutes we had birds coming across from their flight line to take a look. Even had some trying to back scuttle it :lol: I'd imagine it to be deadly over stubble or drillings :yes:

I can only go by what I have experienced and know the turbo pulls birds from a distance with the remote.

Seen many times on here that you should not operate a flapper when the bird is close commited to the pattern as it can put them off , does an intermitant timer with no control not put the birds off if it fires up at the time of the birds commitment?

Not chaseing a jaw busting just not experienced much with a flapper.

There is no reason why a flapper operating when a pigeon is coming in close should put it off. At the end of the day, all we try to do with the flapper is simulate a bird landing or moving in the pattern. Logic dictates that a pigeon would not be spooked by one of his mates flapping his wings.

Im using 1 and think there ok if used with a magnet but tried on its own and they did not seem to like it ,not sold on it as yet will see in the next few weeks :good:

As above, tbh I think its all about the day, right place right time, reconnaissance, I have a variety of decoys - Hypaflaps, Air pro, shells, full bodied, flocked - unflocked and after all the money I have wasted on them I just use real pigeons dead ones of course, 10 seems to work for me, I was on barley stubble yesterday not quite on the flightline, I put my decoys out, had a little interest from passing birds so I removed and put my defrosting versions out, completely different, pigeons were just coming in with no hesitation 33 for 2,3/4 hours.