BSA ultra carbines

Mat2803

Hi fella, I've got one in .22 flavour and it's a great little gun, never had a problem with it. The cocking method is unique and does take some getting used to, but don't let that put you off. You ask about problems with barrels? BSA barrels have a good reputation as far as I'm aware.

The Ultra is commonly called a good ratting gun, ie good in tight spaces. To me it's light, pointable and dependable :) And no, I don't have shares in BSA :lol:

ATB

Chris

I've got a .177 multi shot and a .22 single shot with tactical stocks. I use them for bunny bashing and the odd pigeon or maggie. Accuracy wise I would say they are faultless. Both mine have been fitted with regulators so you get 80 consistant shots and there are loads of after market tweaks you can have done as necessary. If your seriously interested check out bsaog for specialst info.

Originally I was all for the multishot cocking system but on relfection its rubbish. I get jams ever now and again that require serious work to resolve and I much prefer the slower but reliable single shot, which is a lot cheaper!

Hi Mat i have owned bsa ultras in s/s and multi shot , never had any problems with them

i currently own a ultra multi shot in .177 and its an excellent gun , accurate, very good

for shooting feral pigeons in barns, you can increase the shot count by having it regged ,

go for it .

regds brian

cant fault mine 177 s/s hits were you point drops wot you hit, i use a styrup pump for mine secret is not to let it run to low before pumping it up to pressure

Edited by imissalot

I had one in .22 for a few weeks, it was ok, but the blasted reloading system was like doing the hokey cokey, in the end it was sold back to the dealer we bought it from and a Super 10 purchased in .22 instead.

The gun itself was accurate as hell, though shot count was not great, if it did not have that stupid MMC system on it it would be a blinder of a gun. what it needs is that stupid MMC (micro movement cocking) system taking off, then removing the side switch and the bolt that rockets back towards the face for pellet loading and a simple pull back bolt and cocking system put on in the place of both of those, such a gun really would have a sting in it's tail (like a Scorpion - Hint)!!!!