Buffalo River Slip any good?

HDAV

Thinking of getting a new slip as having 2 guns and one slip is becoming a PITA. Also hoping to perhaps get some Game/Fowl shooting this season so want somethign suitable for use in the feild (my current Slip a Napier protector 2 secure is fine for clays and great for the car but heavy for the field) I fancied something traditional like http://www.bradybags.co.uk/products.php?c=7&i=48# but not cheap and cant find any local stockists......

Then i saw this :blink: http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/product/714ca329e430f7e670068569/KLEVER+SPORT+Leg+of+Mutton+Shotgun+Slip+'28S12296'29/

But how about these? http://www.spencersguns.co.uk/prod5.asp?ID=216&offset=&prod_id=8379prod_anchor also anyone used Spencerguns? I want to know if they as good in real life as they do in the pics? Any idea how hard wearing they will be? The deal with the Cart bag seems good. But i want somethign to last and that will "look" ok on a driven day

I have the lower priced Buffalo River all-nylon slip (£20-ish), cheap and cheerful - I needed a long slip in a hurry for the Supersport. Seems fairly well padded on the sides, but I was a little worried about the padding on the spine, where the rib lays, it seemed a bit thin. OK for sticking in the car to get to a clay ground, but a bit flimsy for field work.

What you are looking at seems to be the higher end of their range, so should be more substantial, but it is still worth checking.

I use Buffalo River slips, a black nylon kind of material. They are the best ones I have found so far although I do not remember them as particularly cheap.

What I particularly liked was the depth. Plenty of space even for my .22lr with Sentinel night vision fitted. No problems with zips or pockets.

In theory you can also open it out flat and use it as a shooting mat but that does not seem such a good idea to me.

• 1 month later...

WEll i got the slip as present for my birthday and i am more than happy with it, it has a fake sheep wool lining but the canvas and leather seems decent quality (not croots but not £300 either) both slip and cart bag have a dust cover like the missus posh hang bags!

NOw just need to book my driven day to try them out properly!