beretta

dr. lecter

Weight difference, my game gun was 7lbs 8oz and my sporter is 8lbs. That 1/2lbs and extra 2 inches on the barrels, plus extended Teague chokes makes a lot of difference in the long run.

Half a pound?? I suppose it does if you're a weed. :lol:

I thought extended chokes were 'frined' upon when shooting game? ;)

All of the Silver Pigeon 1 guns benefit from some more oil worked properly into the wood. The standard finish seems to contain a dye and just be sitting on the surface!

As stated working some good oil (tru-oil, danish oil or anything similar - don't get too hung up!) with some 0000 grade steel wool, in the direction of the grain will work wonders - removing any rain marks and also building up more protection. Mine has been done 3 or 4 times over the last 2 months and the wood looks so much better than when first bought.

The steel wool can be found in any good craft / woodworking shop. And I think the DIY stores probably sell it too. Just make sure that you buy the 0000 grade - it is very fine.

The wool helps work the oil into the grain of the wood, especially as you need to get through the surface layer that has absorbed the water.