Shotgun Storage Question

M.I.A

Hello,

I have a question i would like to ask everyone, when i had my interview for my SGC i remember the FEO asking how many guns my cabient can hold and i answered with 2, as its in the catalouge as a 2 gun breakdown cabinet. Now i could easily fit say 4-5 broken down shotguns in there, but would it be ok to have more than 2 in it, or would i need to ask my FEO to put more than the 2 in it?

Thanks

Edited by M.I.A

Personal experience of this one. I did only have a 2 breakdown but could get 3 in no issues. When I did have 3 guns had a phone call very soon after notifying them asking where the 3rd is stored.

In Hampshire they seem to rate you for an amount based on storage space. Now have a 5 & 2 but am OK for 9 as FEO agreed both cabinets could be +1 on spec.

Rgds

G

You can have as many guns as you can fit in the cabinet but the police have a record of how many you can get in,i had 11 in a 7 gun cabinet at one time and they were not bothered as they saw them in there locked up.

Chap, that is the biggest load of bull I have ever heard, and is straight out of the beginners book of shooting Folklore I read on a website forum somewhere so it must be true! :lol::lol::lol:

My FEO/Region have NO idea whatsoever of my Total storage capacity of rifles and shotguns and don't give a fig.

IF by any chance any individual FEO made any sort of a note of Cabinet Capacity it would have to be flagged up in a very strange way for them to ever question your holding. As already said, by you and others, a 2/3/4/5 whatever cabinet can ALWAYS be made to hold more. On top of which you have NO legal obligation to advise them if you buy additional cabinets, but it is your responsibility to ensure safe/legal storage!

ATB!

Well cheshire do because when i baught another gun they phoned me up and said acording to their records i did not have storage space for it.

When i said it was in the cabinet they told my they would amend me details.

Edited by mcw65

Well cheshire do because when i baught another gun they phoned me up and said acording to their records i did not have storage space for it.

Yes Cheshire do,when they checked mine they noted how many guns it would hold.Mines only a 3 gun but they classed it as storage for 5.

Yes Cheshire do,when they checked mine they noted how many guns it would hold.Mines only a 3 gun but they classed it as storage for 5.

Guys...

Please read my post again.....

"Chap, that is the biggest load of bull I have ever heard, and is straight out of the beginners book of shooting Folklore I read on a website forum somewhere so it must be true!

My FEO/Region have NO idea whatsoever of my Total storage capacity of rifles and shotguns and don't give a fig.

IF by any chance any individual FEO made any sort of a note of Cabinet Capacity it would have to be flagged up in a very strange way for them to ever question your holding. As already said, by you and others, a 2/3/4/5 whatever cabinet can ALWAYS be made to hold more. On top of which you have NO legal obligation to advise them if you buy additional cabinets, but it is your responsibility to ensure safe/legal storage!

ATB!"

So Cheshire have a strange way of wasting their time.

ATB!

Edited by Dekers

South Wales get flustered if you go above a certain number without a monitored alarm and additional security. Regardless of how many cabinets you have fitted, Cabinet inspection is the norm but it is the cert holders responsibility to store them securely!