New Air Rifle

newbieshooter

cant say anything about the solo, but from what i have heard i dont think it should be on your list.

all the rest it realy comes down to personal choice, none of them are more acurate than the others, all have similar shot counts (apart from the hornet which is slightly lower) and similar prices for them all, all i would say is pop along to your neartest club and see if anyone has the rifles down there. It really is best to try before you buy, as whats good for one person might be totaly wrong for another.

ROB :angry:

Long time no post.

I should explain. I nearly gave up the sport because of the wrong gun. I had a stealth (.22) and the accruacy of it was so poor that trying to kill anything with it was down to luck.

However I was coxed back into shooting by a farmer with problems with bunnies. This time, just for fun I took out my AA tx200 (.177) springer, which I had never hunted with before because of the noise it makes. I bagged 3 bunnies within an hour, all clean head shots / instant kills.

So hooked was I tha I went out and bought a s410 (.177) with 3 - 9 x 30 milldot scope and silencer. The gun out shoots me and the pellet strike is most noise you will hear plus you have a 10 pellet magazine so two or more bunnies at a time is a real possibility.

In my mind the s410 is the best gun for the price bar none, and the quality is second to none.

As for the .177 / .22 debate. Two of the bunnies were full grown adults, certainly at the large end of what you can humanely kill with a 12ftlb air gun, all fell where they were hit. .177 flies flatter, gets there quicker and is more than upto the job as long as you can shoot straight. I would never buy a .22 again. :P

Long time no post.

I should explain. I nearly gave up the sport because of the wrong gun. I had a stealth (.22) and the accruacy of it was so poor that trying to kill anything with it was down to luck.

However I was coxed back into shooting by a farmer with problems with bunnies. This time, just for fun I took out my AA tx200 (.177) springer, which I had never hunted with before because of the noise it makes. I bagged 3 bunnies within an hour, all clean head shots / instant kills.

So hooked was I tha I went out and bought a s410 (.177) with 3 - 9 x 30 milldot scope and silencer. The gun out shoots me and the pellet strike is most noise you will hear plus you have a 10 pellet magazine so two or more bunnies at a time is a real possibility.

In my mind the s410 is the best gun for the price bar none, and the quality is second to none.

As for the .177 / .22 debate. Two of the bunnies were full grown adults, certainly at the large end of what you can humanely kill with a 12ftlb air gun, all fell where they were hit. .177 flies flatter, gets there quicker and is more than upto the job as long as you can shoot straight. I would never buy a .22 again. :P

Good to see your keeping the faith Nick :P welcome back

Well I can shout out for the Falcon FN19 having one myself.

Accuracy is amazing and it shoulders well not to heavy for a days carrying about hunting. I use 10.6 gr Bisley Magnums at around 700FPS and it's simply devastating when it hits it's intended target :lol::good:

I had a Stealth also. I admit from the box it was a bit of a funny one BUT with a tad of tweaking and a few mods it was ALSO a good field gun accurate AND consistant

IIRC Air arms now OWN Falcon

LG

Edited by Lord Geordie