Is it just me????

I once again feel the need to call upon your expert advise,

I have spent hours touring the fields in my area,

although I see lots of fat woodies, they don't seem to be feeding or flying,

down here in Kent we have mainly rape and wheat, with a few fields of peas. I've toured all the fields near my shoot,

at diffrent times of the day and diffrent weather conditions.

I can't find were they are feeding, but more to the point

they don't even seem to be flying.

If I walk round my fields(mainly rape) I can see literaly hundreds of birds sat in the bushes, if I walk them off I can

sit and wait over 1/2 hour watching from my car and not see a single bird return.

I have spent ages studdeying the horizen and can't find a flight line. I may see 5 birds in 2 hours but none fly over the same patch.

I can't see the point in setting myself up as there is nothing to see my deeks.

only 4 weeks ago myself and Cranfield saw loads of birds using one flight line and landing in the same place, I've not shoot a single bird since, I have also never seen anyone else their, nor did I find any evidence at the weekend (weeds were 3 feet high none trampled down)

Should I wait until rape is harvested and they return or do you have any suggestions of what I could do?:angry:

:angry:  :grumpy:  :angry:

Bad Luck mate its happend to me loads of times you see hundres of them siting in the woods but none flying .

I am no expert but I think they must go else were to feed in fields miles away.

P.S If you relly want to get them roost shoot them or as a last resort sit in you car in range and take them out with a  silenced  22 Rim fire   :angry:

I would keep my eye on the peas maybe three hours or so before it gets dark. If they are sitting in trees in large numbers they will be feeding close by. Also note the changes in the weather conditions pigeons feed in differant places if they have a choice depending on the weather.

I don't know whether this will help...........but we've been watching ALOT of pigeons feeding on, what looks like set

aside fields, that used to be rape fields. The pigeons that have been shot in the area, are full of grass seed. They've been on it for about a fortnight now, & we had a bit of sport last week with them. If their still on there this weekend, we'll have another go

:angry:   I have been having this problem for over a month now,

although there are lots of birds sitting and feeding in the fields,    there are very rarely any birds to be seen flying.

I have only been decoying for about a month and a half,

in your experiance will it pick up later in the year :angry:?

:grumpy:  :angry:  :grumpy:

no probs dead eye.......also most pigeons are nesting at the moment which means that 50% of the population will be incubating all day........if you consider that the birds have to grab a beakfull when they can, that explains why they appear thin on the ground.....fear not!!.....come the laid barley, you will need to empty your freezer! :angry: