Accountancy Software

Doc Holliday

It looks like I'm going to have to get some new software for bookeeping. Have been using Quickbooks Pro 2005 until now but since the disk can't be found (assumed stolen) I need to get a replacement.

I've heard that the current versions aren't as user friendly (ie that you can't corect any mistakes once entered) and also there are some issues with it running on certain hardware, although I thnk that was just relating to Apple computers.

Anyway, can any accountany types and/or self-employed amongst you dispell any myths and make suggestions for what is suitable.

Thanks & regards,

Doc.

Thanks for replies guys.

Phil, can you correct entries? I'm sure my book keeper has said one of her other clients has it for her to use but said it's not as good as the 2005 version (which I had\have and have backups of).

I know Intuit said they do't support 2005 versions anymore but can you still gt it? Legitimately I mean.

It depends on the size of your company.

We looked at all the options, took advice from an independent consultant (family friend), looked at what interfaced well with our freight software and asked our accountant what they preferred to work with. (If your accountant doesn't work with or like Quickbooks (for example) then it will end up costing you more in accountancy bills.)

Sage came out best for all three, so that it what we use. We handover a memory stick at the end of each financial year and the accountant works with the info we provide them.

Thanks for replies guys.

Phil, can you correct entries? I'm sure my book keeper has said one of her other clients has it for her to use but said it's not as good as the 2005 version (which I had\have and have backups of).

I know Intuit said they do't support 2005 versions anymore but can you still gt it? Legitimately I mean.

Yes its rather unique in that respect but it does stop the need for endless journals for those fat finger adjustments

Also when someone decided to combine two expense catagories the other day it was so easy !!!

Phil

Edited by SXPhil