Do we have a gunsmith on board please?

Lord Geordie

Hi Chaps!

I was wondering if we had any gun smiths on board or if someone can could perhaps let me know where I can get a new spring for my Sportarmi O/U 12g

I was at the clay grounds today with a friend of mine and when I tried pulling the back trigger BOTH barrels went off 68g of lead went flying one way and my shoulder the other :lol:

I gave the gun a quick once over and tried the front trigger forst on the second go and all was fine?? :hmm: :hmm:

Dodgy sear spring I am thinking at this point so put in another 2 carts pointed the gun away from everyone and upon closing the gun BOOM it went off by it's self :no::oops:

I Packed it up as there was NO way I was going to go on with it and brought it home and threw it in the cabinet in disgust.

Tonight I spent 5 mins stripping it down and found this

sear3.jpg

sear2.jpg

sear1.jpg

I am hoping I can source a new one hence asking if someone on here can help out.

Dimensions are 32mm in length give or take and 4mm wide made I assume of spring steel.

Any help in sourcing a replacement would be greatly appreciated :good:

Thanks

LG

Hi Chaps!

I was wondering if we had any gun smiths on board or if someone can could perhaps let me know where I can get a new spring for my Sportarmi O/U 12g

I was at the clay grounds today with a friend of mine and when I tried pulling the back trigger BOTH barrels went off 68g of lead went flying one way and my shoulder the other :lol:

I gave the gun a quick once over and tried the front trigger forst on the second go and all was fine?? :hmm: :hmm:

Dodgy sear spring I am thinking at this point so put in another 2 carts pointed the gun away from everyone and upon closing the gun BOOM it went off by it's self :no::oops:

I Packed it up as there was NO way I was going to go on with it and brought it home and threw it in the cabinet in disgust.

Tonight I spent 5 mins stripping it down and found this

sear3.jpg

sear2.jpg

sear1.jpg

I am hoping I can source a new one hence asking if someone on here can help out.

Dimensions are 32mm in length give or take and 4mm wide made I assume of spring steel.

Any help in sourcing a replacement would be greatly appreciated :good:

Thanks

LG

i hope this may help i have a shooting mate who owns an engineering company called guittard engineering, he does a lot of work for boss, and i do know he made new parts for mates gun at shoot at a very good price. his name is clive guittard here is web link with contact details can be found there My link

if this link don't work google it, he is based in bedworth

13 Orchid Close

Bedworth, Warwickshire CV12 0GR

if you mention geoff from peugeot clay club gave you his details he may do you a discount,

then again he may who don't know the bloke lol

anyway best of luck

regards

geoff