x2 bucks in x2 mornings.

yds

Both were shot off sticks by different clients.

The first you can see took a step just as the shot was fired and the shot hit the heart and quartered along hitting the liver on exit.

The second was a rear lung shot missing the liver.(this buck was slightly quartering away so exit was further towards the front leg then entry). Neither a great shot but nor poor shots.

Both deer ran no more then 25m's and had bled out.

Edited by yds

Nice vids mate but may I ask a couple of Q's as I'm learning about Deer stalking with a view to doing the DSC 1 in a while?

What ranges were the shots and with what rifles?

Shot 1 to me as a novice might have been a bit hasty? Could the shooter have waited til the buck settled a bit or was it bad luck that it moved?

Shot 2 could he/she have waited for a clearer shot and was that placement ok as it seemed quite far back on the body?

Where are you and do you take novices out to learn the ropes without actually taking shots?

Cheers

Stratts

Nice vids mate but may I ask a couple of Q's as I'm learning about Deer stalking with a view to doing the DSC 1 in a while?

What ranges were the shots and with what rifles?

Shot 1 to me as a novice might have been a bit hasty? Could the shooter have waited til the buck settled a bit or was it bad luck that it moved?

Shot 2 could he/she have waited for a clearer shot and was that placement ok as it seemed quite far back on the body?

Where are you and do you take novices out to learn the ropes without actually taking shots?

Cheers

Stratts

I'm in e.yorks and deal with novices all the time.

I take about 150 clients a year out on about 350-400 outings.

Stalking is fluidboth shots were by experienced shots and off sticks.

Its a pay off the deer are moving your heart is thumping and it effects the shot off the sticks.

The shots weren't great but ok and the deer fell within 30m's.

the first was with a .270 150gr and second a .243 100gr both sp's.