CPSA

JustJon

You can shoot at a registered event without being a CPSA member.

Give me a good reason to be a member, because I have forgotten.

Thats another debate :yes:

Mine is for social reasons (peer pressure?) and so I can monitor my progress from rookie (probably downwards).

For the cost, that's enough for me. Horses for courses and each to their own. :good:

Registered CPSA shoots are for full members, and their scores are returned for their "averages" or classification.

A Clubman may nominate an CPSA reg ground and participate in the reg layout alongside full members, but does not get a classification.

Non members may pay a "day ticket" to allow parrallel entry with CPSA members on a reg shoot.

Because of low registered entries, many grounds offer both club shooting and registered on the same layout at the same time, but technically only CPSA members or day tickets entrants should be shooting the registered layout at the same time.

Edited by clayman

The paid day pass has been done away with now :yes:

Oh, didnt know that it had been ditched - never did seem to work well, so I wonder what "fix" is in place now for the situation of the non-cpsa member wanting to enter the ,technically, exclusive CPSA shoot that is supposed to be CPSA members only - some-one update me.

Jerry

They haven't been "ditched" the charge has been removed to the grounds, day passes are still in place.

In response to demand from clubs and counties, the CPSA has decided to remove the charge for Day Passes for clubs wishing to allow non-members to enter Registered competitions with effect from 1st September 2011.

The decision was made following consultation in relation to some counties that are unable to host their county championships in that county due to no suitable Registered grounds being available and also in response to some grounds that are having to prevent some of their regular shooters from shooting on the day of a Registered competition.

By removing the charge for Day Passes, grounds can now allow non-members to shoot (although not be eligible to win prizes) with minimal administration. All we ask is that the non-members’ names and e-mail addresses are forwarded to Head Office for our records. As a result of an agreement with our new insurers, WWSI, with effect from 1st September non-members will be eligible for temporary insurance cover at Registered competitions on up to three occasions, after which time we hope, with the support of the grounds, they will choose to become full members of the Association.

I'm yet to see a day pass issued :o

Thanks for update - missed noting the policy change - AND, nobody bothered to tell me about the insurers change even though I'm one of the CPSA's biggest membership resellers - the counts now over 1100 sold or introduced by me, but basic changes not forwarded to prime resellers - wonder why?

I agree, if a business is so arrogant as to believe everyone reads their site then they're in trouble? Press release? Email? Letter to re-sellers? It's not difficult?

Assuming the above is correct (clayman sells and cpsa line is check our site)

Did you join twice one for the right shoulder one for the left shoulder lol

Left only ;-)