Been to sunny Cardiff and guess what

Slipster

Just so xcited Got my FAC :lol: and it says i can shoot deer ??? with my .22lr :lol: Now im really concerned about my FA Officer :lol:

Or maybe its me and im not understanding :good:

Come on Axe you helped me get it Now you got to look after me :):huh:

Edited by Slipster

Hi Guys Here is what it says under the heading :-

Additional conditions may be added here by the chief officer of police:

5 THE FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION TO WHICH THE CERTIFICATE RELATES SHALL BE USED FOR VERMIN AND PEST CONTROL AND FOR ZEROING ON RANGES AND ANY LAND DEEMED SUITABLE BY THE CHIEF OFFICER OF POLICE FOR THE AREA WHERE THE LAND IS SITUATED ANDOVER WHICH THE HOLDER HAS PERMISSION TO SHOOT.

6 THE CERTIFICATE HOLDER MAY POSSESS, PURCHASE OR AQUIRE EXPANDING AMMUNITION, OR THE MISSILES OF SUCH AMMUNITION, IN THE CALLIBERS AUTHORISED BY THIS CERTIFICATE AND USED ONLY IN THE CONNECTION WITH ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING,

a The lawfull shooting of deer,

b The shooting of vermin or, in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife,

c The humane killing of animals

d The shooting of animals for the protection of other animals or humans

:good:

The cert is for .22RF Rifle

.22 moderator

.22 air rifle

Edited by Slipster

No under the calibre it says . .22RF rifle

That means rimfire. Sorry, i did not see .22 when you first posted, thats why i asked, you must of edited to put it in after.

It sounds like they have made a mistake. Prehaps you should contact them and let them know?

No to the deer, that is just the standard expanding ammunition clause.

You might also infer from the wording that it was OK to shoot a lion which had escaped from Longleat in order to protect people or animals, obviously that would NOT be one to try at home either.

The rifle is conditioned for shooting in the circumstances listed in para 5 ONLY.

Under para 6, you may use expanding ammunition in your rifle, ONLY in connection with the shooting you are permitted to do as per para 5.

Edited by fiascoshooter

Hi Guys Here is what it says under the heading :-

Additional conditions may be added here by the chief officer of police:

5 THE FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION TO WHICH THE CERTIFICATE RELATES SHALL BE USED FOR VERMIN AND PEST CONTROL AND FOR ZEROING ON RANGES AND ANY LAND DEEMED SUITABLE BY THE CHIEF OFFICER OF POLICE FOR THE AREA WHERE THE LAND IS SITUATED ANDOVER WHICH THE HOLDER HAS PERMISSION TO SHOOT.

6 THE CERTIFICATE HOLDER MAY POSSESS, PURCHASE OR AQUIRE EXPANDING AMMUNITION, OR THE MISSILES OF SUCH AMMUNITION, IN THE CALLIBERS AUTHORISED BY THIS CERTIFICATE AND USED ONLY IN THE CONNECTION WITH ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING,

a The lawfull shooting of deer,

b The shooting of vermin or, in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife,

c The humane killing of animals

d The shooting of animals for the protection of other animals or humans

:good:

The cert is for .22RF Rifle

.22 moderator

.22 air rifle

The condition is in bold, the bottom part is as FS stated :lol:

Slipster i'm glad you got it through. :good:

The conditions in section 5 on my ticket are more specific than yours, where each calibre is stated for a specific purpose. With yours showing Vermin & Pest Control it take that to mean, Rabbits and the like but not fox, deer etc.

Condition 6 is for the ammunition and susspect that its just the standard blurb they put on all tickets, as kip mentions, the rifle conditions in this case are what define your shooting.

Heres the exact wording on mine, which reads quite differently.

5 The (I) .22 Air Rifle with sound moderator (II) .22 Rifle with sound moderator (III) .17HMR spare barrel with sound moderator and ammunition shall be used for shooting (I)&(II) Vermin (III) Vermin & Fox: and for zeroing on ranges, or land deemed suitable by the Cheif officer of Police for the area where the land is situated and over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

6 The certificate holder may possess, purchase or acquire expanding ammunition, or the missiles of such ammunition, in calibres authorised by this certificate and use only in connection with the shooting of vermin or, in connection with the management on any estate, other wildlife.