Decoying Pigeons & Crows together

ellebarto

I've recied a freshly drilled field today thats teaming with crows but with the odd flight of pigeons coming in. When Ive gone to see where I will set up I can see the hedgerow I plan to put my hide in has the only unploughed stuble field in the area immediately behind it.

I've never really set up for both crows and pigeons before and wondered if anyone would recommend against it or tel me how they set up for similar situations?

I have always just used pigeon decoys, plenty of crows come over to have a gander and once there shot i add them too the pattern.I normally set the crows off to one side rather than have them in with the pigeons. Ideally just get a few crow decoys to go with the pigeon ones :good:

I have always just used pigeon decoys, plenty of crows come over to have a gander and once there shot i add them too the pattern.I normally set the crows off to one side rather than have them in with the pigeons. Ideally just get a few crow decoys to go with the pigeon ones :good:

Yup, I always do the same. I do ensure they're several yards away from the pigeons and usually a few yards further out.

It's always been reckoned crows give the pigeons more confidence, can't say I've really noticed it but it never seems to put them off.

Edited by JR1960

Pigeon decoys 1side of hedge, crow decoys other side, hide in hole in hedge...if possible

Thats what I'm considering! Havent had a great day this year and I dont want to get greedy and end up scaring everything off. I know the crows are there for sure. I've only seen a few flights of pigeon coming in. Mmmmmm! Decisions decisions!!

I find pigeons come in to crow decoys quite confidently, but rooks and crows do like to see a member of their brethren on the ground, if there are pigeon decoys down.

Decoy the field that you are seeing the most birds on.

I would avoid trying to shoot two fields at once, you will end up shooting neither of them efficiently.

Trust me, been there/done that. :no: